The SEX PISTOLS and JW,s

by the max 2 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• the max
    the max

I have just come to realise that one of my biggest charecter flaws, is also one of my best, I am rebellious, impulsive, and self reliant. I could give up my political beleifs, my love of punk rock and heavy metal, leave my hedonistic lifestyle behind, loose my friends and family, become voluntarily indoctronated and enslaved. Yet those same bad qualitys, would save me, and be the making of me, because as readilly as I joined JW,s I could also leave because as I mentioned before, I am rebellious, impulsive, and self reliant. Unfortunately Im also prone to be an asshole and alienate people( a fact that my closest friends delight in pointing out) Still I apologise learn and move on. So, I would be intrested to find out if other peoples character flaws had an unexpected upside ?

• Broken Promises
    Broken Promises

My dad used to say that I had a stubborn streak, but it was a good thing because it would mean I wouldn't be easily swayed by peer pressure (that is, to become a non-JW).

Ironically, I think it's the same stubborn streak which has kept me from being affected by emotional manipulation to go back to them.

• yadda yadda 2
    yadda yadda 2

You'll grow out of it kiddo.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit