One year out

by WhatWasIThinking 7 Replies latest jw experiences

• WhatWasIThinking
    WhatWasIThinking

The last meeting I attended was the memorial last year. I haven't stepped foot in a KH since then. Since I didn't go to the memorial today, I'm considering it my one year anniversary of snapping out of my stupidity and regaining my freedom. Reading messages on here, talking to ex-JWs, and just thinking about some of the things I was taught while in makes me really ask myself what was I thinking?

It feels good to be free.

• sabastious
  • Broken Promises
    Broken Promises

Congrats!!

• jamiebowers
    jamiebowers

Happy Anniversary!

• Lozhasleft
    Lozhasleft

Good for you!

Loz x

• WhereWasI
    WhereWasI

WWIT: I so pick up your vibe. My sentiments exactly. Before I joined the cult some 30 plus years ago. I was an ex Catholic, newly married, newly moved to another state with husband and child and not happy about a lot of things. Knock, knock...JW's showed up. I've been able to miss 3 memorials now. Wonderful to be out. When I chose my name for this forum I gave some thought to my life when I was young, puzzled about life and trying to set my course. Now I try to capture my state of mind at that time and pick up from there. That's why I say...

...WhereWasI

Best of everything for you. The cult tries to catch us when we're off guard when we aren't thinking or too young or whatever. It's not our fault.

• Walk On
    Walk On

Hey WWIT, same situation here. Needless to say I just missed the Memorial for the first time in my 36 years... Congrats!

I still have friends and family that are very devout... I saw one of them post on Facebook today: "Our brothers in Bulgaria were attacked by mob last night at Memorial. Clearly Satan is very angry about the great shout of praise to Jehovah. The mob attacked our brothers and the kingdom hall. 5 were taken to hospital. The front door was wrecked by the time police arrived. 10 were arrested."

Oh man, a line like that would have rung so true in the past... now I can't believe anyone could read that and not giggle with the myopicness of it all. I posted in reply: " In Bulgaria, religious discrimination is pretty prevalent, the main Orthodox members have attacked/defaced/desecrate d: Jewish synagogues/schools, Protestant churches, Muslim mosques.... they discriminate equally across most religions, it seems."

And it was like no one saw what I wrote or commented on it and kept going on as before... *sighs*

• WhatWasIThinking
    WhatWasIThinking

Walk On, they hear what they want to hear. Anything else is Satan's lies. They are fooled into thinking they do real research, but all they are allowed to research is their own publications. It's sad.

Plenty of people face violent opposition everyday due to their race, gender, religious beliefs, sexual orientation, etc. While what happed to the JWs in Bulgaria is terrible and wrong, as you pointed out they are not the only ones going through it in that area.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit