The tables have turned

by fade_away 9 Replies latest jw experiences

• fade_away
    fade_away

I remember when I was the one on the doorstep knocking on a house full of different noises when suddenly the house goes into a dead silence and the curtains move a bit. We always whispered to each other "I know they're home, I heard them" and "Let's see if they answer the door to Jehovah on His day of wrekoning".....which makes no sense, but whatever.

Today early in the afternoon my wife and I found ourselves on the other side of the door when we heard a knock from JWs we know. I paused the movie we were watching and made my way to the peep hole. It was actually pretty funny when we came to the realization that the tables had turned. Since today is the memorial thingy, we knew the main reason they were here. They're not here for an invitation, instead they're here confirmation that we're going and and to press us if we say no. They know our cars are out in the parking lot, so currently I'm working on a cover story. Telling them the truth about how we feel isn't so easy right now mostly cause of my mother. She's pretty old and isn't in the best health right now so I don't know what a broken heart will do to her. Any ideas?

• Coffee House Girl
    Coffee House Girl

is there more than one congregation in your hall....can you just say that you are going to the other one....

sickness?

sorry out of ideas already :(

good luck

CHG

• Satanus
    Satanus

You and your wife were preoccupied, nudge, nudge.

S

• Retrovirus
    Retrovirus

Any illness - infectious is good - should do it!

• DaCheech
    DaCheech

don't you love the power you now have?

• fade_away
    fade_away

we are kinda leaning towards telling them that we went to the memorial in another congo closer to where we live but the problem with that is that my dad is an elder in our former congo so all he needs to do is make a phone call (at my mothers urging) and confirm if we were there or not. My wife's family is really active in our former congo as well (all of them are pioneering now) and she and I have been getting our phones blown up by all of the members in our family which makes us wonder if our little unnanounced visit today was aranged by any or all of them. We might end up saying we went to another hall as we deem it the most plausible excuse.

Lol @ Satanus. If we were indeed "preoccupied" at that moment, I am sure we wouldnt have been as quiet as we were when they knocked.. but thanks for the suggestion, dude.

• Satanus
    Satanus

;)

S

• DaCheech
    DaCheech

tell them you went to xx congo's memorial, but got there too late due to getting lost

• zoiks
    zoiks

I like Satanus' idea. Just say you were knowing each other in a biblical way like rabbits.

You know, HBF.

• the_raisin
    the_raisin

I get this :/ Since in LA, I've been tempted to just flat out say that I'm an apostate. Dunno how they'd react, and I don't want to make anyone feel bad, being around an evil entity such as msyelf an all :o

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit