WTBTS/JW Related Internet Radio Talk Show

by PublishingCult 14 Replies latest forum announcements

• PublishingCult
    PublishingCult

I have been thinking about this for a while now, and I have decided to launch a non-profit internet radio talk show centered around JW/WTBTS issues and related topics that may or may not be specific to the JW religion.

Long before I jumped in to the Six Screens controversy, I considered doing something like this, and I think I am now ready to begin.

The format will be non-sensationalist, informative, educational, rational, objective, and I want no recognition for myself, and as little attention as possible. The information and message will always come first. I simply want to provide as neutral a venue as possible for anyone (within reason of course) to come on and discuss their message.

I cannot predict the success or failure of this endeavor, but I at least want to give it a try. I would like my show to become an effective vehicle in reaching doubting and questioning JW’s, as well as share important information with those who don’t know that much about the organization of JW’s.

I will provide more information as I get closer to the launch date.

• yourmomma
    yourmomma

sounds great, keep us posted

• poppers
    poppers

Sound like a great idea - I wish you much success.

• sabastious
    sabastious

I don't like the way you handled the Rick Fearon thing. Just because the dude's whacked doesn't mean he deserves to be publically ridiculed. If someone wants to follow him they are responsible for his lazy journalistic techniques, it should end there not on some smear youtube video.

Basically I think you are rough around the edges and need some sharpening, imo. That doesn't mean I don't believe you could do a wonderful job. You got the passion the talent and the brain.

-Sab

• PublishingCult
    PublishingCult
    I don't like the way you handled the Rick Fearon thing. Just because the dude's whacked doesn't mean he deserves to be publically ridiculed. If someone wants to follow him they are responsible for his lazy journalistic techniques, it should end there not on some smear youtube video.

I appreciate your criticism. Although we are all xJW's here, it is kind of painfully obvious that we are not all on the same team. I have to be critical of Fearon, however. He is perpetrating a hoax on the "xJW community", he misrepresents most of us here, and it should be exposed, and I will try and keep my personal feelings out of it, but it simply isn't over.

Basically I think you are rough around the edges and need some sharpening, imo. That doesn't mean I don't believe you could do a wonderful job. You got the passion the talent and the brain.

Thank you. I intend to be at my best and most objective with this endeavor. Six Screens will not have any mention on my program as long as I can help it.

• lovelylil
    lovelylil

PC,

Is this program going to be anti WT only or anti Christian? You know me by now, I have to ask this. LOL

edited to say; or is it not for bashing like the six screens but for informational purposes only?

• whathehadas
    whathehadas

Great PC!! Let's what you have stirring in your pot. I'm with Lovelylil on whether this will be a show primarily focused on the WT(doctrines, life, etc), anti christianity or roughly both. I know your working on the structure of the show so when you ready let us know. Maybe now you will have your contrast to the Six Screens tele-Conf.

• PublishingCult
    PublishingCult
    PC, is this program going to be anti WT only or anti Christian? You know me by now, I have to ask this. LOL

Everyone here, I think, knows I am an atheist. The subject matter of any program I might do will be about the organization, and JW related information completely devoid of my personal beliefs or opinions about religion in general.

• PublishingCult
    PublishingCult
    Great PC!! Let's what you have stirring in your pot. I'm with Lovelylil on whether this will be a show primarily focused on the WT(doctrines, life, etc), anti christianity or roughly both. I know your working on the structure of the show so when you ready let us know. Maybe now you will have your contrast to the Six Screens tele-Conf.

There are a great many topics and issues that are not specific to the JW religion and the WTBTS, and those will be discussed. No Christian bashing, no venom against religion in general. This venue is strictly ball room dancing.

Any program I undertake will not be meant to compete with Six Screens, or be an alternative. How does one set out to compete with poison, or offer some sort of an alternative to glass eating? When I first began considering this kind of thing, Rick and the six screens was barely a memory in my mind. Of course, there will be a contrast without any effort whatsoever.

• whathehadas
    whathehadas

Who would be your guests? if you have any in mind right now

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit