Could this set a precedent regarding the blood issue??

by Morbidzbaby 4 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Morbidzbaby
    Morbidzbaby

http://abcnews.go.com/Health/Autism/kristen-labrie-sentenced-10-years-prison-withholding-sons/story?id=13383251&cid=ESPNheadline

This mother was sentenced to 8 to 10 years for attempted murder because she refused to give her 9 year old son his chemotherapy medication, and thus it resulted in his death.

My first thought was that perhaps this is a stepping stone to parents being held responsible for not permitting lifesaving blood transfusions for their minor children, no matter if it is on religious grounds. This woman's excuse was that the side effects of the medication were "painful" for her son (yet his resulting slow agonizing death was much more painful). Could the JW excuse of having their ETERNAL life in mind when refusing a transfusion be held in the same derision?

Just a thought...

• jamiebowers
    jamiebowers

Initially I wondered the same thing when reading this article the other day. Upon reflection, however, jws would probably never have rhe chance to do what this parent did, because as soon as blood is refused, the hospital usually seeks a court order.

• Mary
    Mary

The Society couldn't give a rat's ass if the parents were held liable for refusing blood transfusions for their kids-----they'd just tell the parents to suck it up all for the 'greater glory'.

Now if the Slobbering Body members were held accountable, then you'd see them getting 'new light' on the subject at warp speed. Suddenly, it would become a 'conscience matter' if they themselves were facing time in the Big House.

• HintOfLime
    HintOfLime

The Society couldn't give a rat's ass if the parents were held liable for refusing blood transfusions for their kids-----they'd just tell

the parents to suck it up all for the 'greater glory'.

I completely agree.

And so does the histoy of the WT's legal defense.

- Lime

• Morbidzbaby
    Morbidzbaby

I agree as well, Mary. When it comes to legal cases with the R&F, the GB is content to sit in their ivory tower in Brooklyn and not utter a peep. But when it comes down on THEM, they're quick to jump and do damage control (like settling pedophilia cases out of court and then slipping the question about pedophilia into the series of questions you have to answer to become a MS or elder).

But I wonder if this might make some JW parents THINK... ya know? If they could face possible jail time, and a lot of it, would they still go ahead and deny their child medical care? It's something to think about.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit