"Jehovah's Witnesses and the Question of Blood" on PDF?

by pirata 5 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• pirata
    pirata

Just wondering if anyone has, or knows where to get, "Jehovah's Witnesses and the Question of Blood" Booklet on PDF.

Thanks, pirata

• pirata
    pirata

Ah, never mind. Found it in the Watchtower Library. I was looking under brochures, but should have been looking under booklets.

• wobble
    wobble

That is the really old booklet from the early sixties isn't it ?

If you can be bothered to read it, I would be interested to see the main reasons they had back then for refusing blood, was it all based on Acts 15 ? And was the argument that you were feeding on the blood ?

• cofty
    cofty

Could you see if you can find the quote about there being a "measure of guilt" for eating the blood of an animal found already dead based on Lev11:38,39 please?

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

If you're looking for details on how the doctrine has changed, ajwrb.org has a bunch of stuff.

• pirata
    pirata

@wobble:

It's the 1977 Booklet. It has this unique explanation as one of the reasons not to take a transfusion (organ transplants were banned from 1967 to 1980), also somewhat refute's the "eating" argument by acknowledging it's essentially an organ tansplant:

*** bq p. 41 par. 111 Jehovah’s Witnesses and the Question of Blood ***

111 Consequently, whether having religious objections to blood transfusions or not, many a person might decline blood simply because it is essentially an organ transplant that at best is only partially compatible with his own blood.

@cofty:

*** bq p. 9 par. 20 Jehovah’s Witnesses and the Question of Blood ***

20 For an Israelite to show disregard for life as represented by the blood was viewed as a most serious wrong. The person deliberately disregarding this law about blood was to be “cut off,” executed. (Leviticus 7:26, 27; Numbers 15:30, 31) A measure of guilt resulted even from eating the blood-containing flesh of an animal that died of itself or that was killed by a wild beast.—Leviticus 17:15, 16; compare Leviticus 5:3; 11:39.

@Mad Sweeney:

Thanks, I'll check it out.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit