Natural affection vs. Love --- Did the WTS get it wrong?

by journey-on 4 Replies latest watchtower bible

• journey-on
    journey-on

The WT org. is leading their flock away from the truth rather than toward it, imo. The weak-minded, thinking they are following God's direction through this group of men called the governing body, are actually being lead astray. Christ said this would happen, and the weak would fall prey to it.

Take the scripture that says (paraphrasing) in the last days there would be no natural affection. Of course, the WTS has spun this. But, take a moment to really think about it. What is the difference between Love and Natural Affection?

My sister, who is a fanatical JW, shuns our brothers (d'fd) and half-way shuns me (not d'fd). She is cold and aloof and sanctimonious regarding her so-called spiritual health, always striving to make points by going the extra mile to shun. She says things like: "I love my brothers, but they made the choice to leave Jehovah." She hasn't spoken to them in years, and when she talks to me, she never asks about them, and she keeps our conversations to a bare minimum, never showing one ounce of sincere caring toward me nor them. She never visits and always has other things to do if I invite her to my home. Our conversations are mundane.

My point is that it is easy for them to use the word, LOVE. Love is a multi-layered thing. It goes beyond emotion.

NATURAL AFFECTION, however, is physical....up close and personal. It implies touching, hugging, warmth you can demonstrate such as the kind Mary showed Jesus when she washed his feet with her hair. The WTS is stealing that from them.

What JW's do to their family members who leave the org is not natural. Families should deal with each other through all kinds of issues, heartaches, strains, disagreements, etc. It's natural. You can be angry with family members, disappointed at times, not speak for awhile, etc., but to shun is unnatural. So when they say, "we still love you", but continue to shun, they are the ones showing no natural affection, the very thing foretold would happen.

It's a pity, isn't it?

• wasblind
    wasblind

Journey-on,

when I was swooped up by this cult, my old man hated it, my sisters hated it

but yet, when ever I had to go out of town to the assemblies or conventions

they would always pray for my safety and would assist me in whatever I needed

to make sure I was not lackin' in anything while I was away from home. yet these

were the type of people the JW's were tellin' me to avoid, yes they were tellin'

me to avoid the ones who had always shown me unconditional love.

• Morbidzbaby
    Morbidzbaby

I've been thinking about this very same thing and came to the very same conclusion. They are fulfilling that scripture all on their own. They use it at the doors to show the "signs of the times", yet the unsuspecting householder doesn't realize that the very religion using these verses is fulfilling it themselves.

Lovers of money: Look how many real estate holdings the WTBS has! Look how much cash flow they have from stocks, from JW's leaving them everything in their wills, etc.

Haughty: The WTBS has never once apologized for the thousands who have been hurt by their no blood policy BEFORE fractions were allowed. Nor to those who were doubly raped by being DF'ed for not screaming when they were raped, nor those who have died from refusing an organ donation.

Blasphemous: They add to the bible and take away from it's message.

Unthankful: They give no real thanks to any of the rank and file for their hard work (for FREE) and dedication.

Disloyal: No loyalty to their god or Jesus, only to the governing body themselves. No loyalty to their members of the rank and file, merely disdain.

Slanderers: They slander those who have left with good reasons to do so. Calling them mentally diseased, thieves, wolves, etc.

Without love of goodness: How many charities does the WTBS donate to? How many of their rank and file get counselled to NOT donate to charities? I knew a sister who loved animals and donated to the ASPCA and PETA...and yet, the elders counselled her that her money should be going to the worldwide work because it was more important.

Betrayers: Ray Franz...nuf said

Puffed up with pride: How many times in the last year has the Kool-Aid edition admonished the rank and file to basically WORSHIP the FDS/GB? If that's not pride, I don't know what is.

Lovers of pleasures rather than lovers of god: Rutherford and his two 16-cyl cars, his man-whoring, and huge mansion during the Great Depression.

The WTBS fulfills that scripture quite nicely, I'd say...not just the no natural affection part, but most of the whole kit and kaboodle.

• jeckle
    jeckle

and i might add if you were to point this out to them, they would close their eyes.They refuse to think anything they do is wrong they are right we are wrong even if we are right.

• journey-on
    journey-on
    yet these
    were the type of people the JW's were tellin' me to avoid, yes they were tellin'
    me to avoid the ones who had always shown me unconditional love.

wasblind, if they would stop and really think about it, they would see this. But, they have been blinded and can't see.

Morbidzbaby: I liked your further elaboration on the paraphrased scripture. They truly do fit the entire mold, don't they? But, again, they are blinded to the truth.

and i might add if you were to point this out to them, they would close their eyes

You are so right, jeckle. Not only do they not have eyes to see, but neither do they have ears to hear. They are being lead astray. Pity.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit