If University/College is not recommended

by Sharpie 4 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Sharpie
    Sharpie

Hey JWN. Article after article the WTS demonizes post secondary education. But why is it the people that have that university and college degrees that want to be in bethel get picked first over others? Kinda hypocritical isn't it?

• Mickey mouse
    Mickey mouse
    Kinda hypocritical isn't it?

Welcome to the borg!

Kane

• miseryloveselders
    miseryloveselders

Right on Orson, right on.

• Sharpie
    Sharpie

I can't wait till they bring up the topic at the kingdom hall for one of the upcoming WT's. I know a number of bethelities that are nurses, and it just dawned on me today what they would think of those types of articals. Just the bethelites that have an university education.

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

Yes. So many elements of the Witnesses are hypocritical. For instance, my father threatened to pull me out of high school so he could control wicked me. His death saved me from a foster family. A court battle was looming. He was very disturbed so I doubt a court order would change his mind. With the freedom purchased from his death, I attended an elite college and law school. I was researching my writing sample on the Establishment Clause and was shocked to find an article about the Society and Japan before and during WWII. The author extolled the courage of the WTBTS but could not even mention a single, individual Witness in a footnote. The truly faithful were forgotten. Imagine my surprise to see a female name as counsel for the WTBTS.

I wrote her a note asking why she merited a law degree and I was consiigned to factory work. There are several female lawyers. This is not in accordance with their education policy or their notorious female hating views. I am still furious.

Random selection might have some merit. What possible basis can they use? Some women are disfellowshipped, others are sent to law school. Probably fly by night law schools. NY runs the gamut from tops to the pits.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit