Downfall, the collapse of Hitler and of the GB.

by the max 8 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• the max
    the max

The German film starring Bruno Ganz as Hitler, charts Hitlers descent into madness and paranoia, as he looses touch with reallity at the end of WW2,surrounded in the Furher Bunker in Berlin, (Bethel) A maniac loosing touch with reallity, gives orders and edicts, that evreyone ignores,(they all recognise he has , gone mad, yet no one dare aknowledge it through fear) The only way to find out the truth about what is really happening in Germany, is to listen to the allied radio broadcasts(In our day the intrernet) Hitler and Nazis warned that anyone caught listening to these radio stations should be executed immeadiatley, GB are Nazis, and at one time I would have defended them to the point of death, Why are they scared of scrutiny ? the internet ? If they (WE) for some of us have the truth, what is there to be affraid off ?

• hotiwitabody234
    hotiwitabody234

You should read my topic posted in between your two. It kind of corresponds to what your saying.

• wobble
    wobble

The GB are pooping their pants because their "truth" does not stand up to any kind of scrutiny.

It is a religion founded on lies, and sustained by lies.

Once JW's find that out, most leave, or if they stay in for family reasons they withdraw their support in as many ways as possible.

Just as Hitler did not stop information getting to his lot, and it was easier to suppress in those days, the GB will not stop the flow of information, they are fighting a losing battle against the Internet.

• InterestedOne
    InterestedOne

Here's one thing that confuses me though. The internet has been around for a while. My JW friend converted in 2003. She was internet saavy at the time, and the internet was alive & kicking even then. Somehow, even with the availability of information, she was persuaded. Now, she refuses to have the internet in her home, and refuses to view anything that might be construed as "apostate" or "opposing" because she has bought the WT line that all such things are "propaganda." How could that have still happened even with so much information readily available? Is her case just a fluke? To me, it shows that although the abundance of information on the internet is helpful, something else is at work in the conversion process. I hope my friend's case is just a fluke in the developed world. It would be interesting to see a numerical study that indicates a correlation with access to information and a drop in WT numbers.

• Refriedtruth
  • Lunatic Faith
    Lunatic Faith

That was a great movie Max. Bruno was phonemonal as Hitler. JW are trained not to listen or even entertain any thoughts contrary to the society. It is actually very effective the way they have manipulated people's minds. They have pretty much guaranteed continued numbers for themselves because there will always be those who like to be told what to do and what to believe and how to live. I would love to see a time when humanity reaches a point of such enlightenment that they reject the mind control. But I don't see that happening any time soon. Some people prefer to be mindless sheep.

• Momma-Tossed-Me
    Momma-Tossed-Me

I think new converts need something like this in their lives for some reason or another. Maybe they need the comfort of a high control group. It is like they are mentally deficient in someway, not to be construed as mentally challenged, and they have found what they need mentally to cope.

I have seen it to younger people accepting the WTBTS doctrine and all of this other info is out there to preview before making the jump.

To some up, I think it just fills a need for some poeple and so they submit to it.

M

• Quendi
    Quendi

Thank you, the max, for starting this thread. Our friend InterstedOne raises a good question. How, with all the information available about its history, has the WTS managed to fend off collapse so far? I think there are some parallels between what the WTS is facing now and what the Roman Catholic Church faced when the Reformation broke out in 1517.

Five hundred years ago there was an invention that was the greatest devised in the last one thousand years: the printing press. Luther and other reformers found it an invaluable resource for spreading their message. In fact, they succeeded beyond their wildest dreams and the reform movement quickly spread like wildfire all through Europe and changed the course of history. But despite their success, the Roman Catholic Church survived, and today claims more than one billion members.

The Internet today corresponds with the printing press of 500 years ago. Its impact has gone beyond the wildest predictions of its devisers. I think it is clear that the WTS fears and hates it as much as the RCC did the printing press. But the Church adapted its strategies to deal with the new invention, and the WTS has done likewise. Be that as it may, the WTS does not have the resources the Church does. I think it is quite possible that the WTS will eventually collapse, and if that happens the Internet will have played a tremendous role in its downfall. But until that day comes, the organization will resist with all its strength, and it has conditioned its rank-and-file members to fight 'shoulder to shoulder' with it in its war against "evil apostates" and "independent thinkers". I hope that will not be enough to save it.

Quendi

• AK MCGRATH
    AK MCGRATH

From my own experience, I can tell you that I was a "worldly person" before being baptized in '93, and was in the "Truth" until I started to fade a few years ago. Not once, did I look up anything that I would deem to be of apostate nature.

We were admonished by the WTBTS not to. In fact, I remember at one convention driving past the "apostates", boards in hand, and quickly turning my head the other way, so as not to be struck by the wrath of the Almighty right then and there for peeping at what Satan wanted them to share with us.

Thinking at that time that serving Jehovah meant listening and adhering to all the rules and regulations of this GB, there was no way in hell I would EVER go searching for apostate sites. That was about the motherload of all sins!! Right up there with killing yourself and being gay. Well, as it stands now, 2 outta 3 ain't bad, is it?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit