Hotel California

by evilone 8 Replies latest jw friends

• evilone
    evilone

Hi all.

My wife and I are planing a move & fade. Currently we still go to meetings and do field service (some fake) so as not to raise suspicions. Psychologically, I have been out for a while, but it has taken her a lot longer, in part because she has more family ties in the borg. She is finally willing to make the leap now mostly because we want to have children and she is in agreement with me in not wanting to raise them as Jehovah's Witnesses.

The opportunity to check out of Hotel California is now at hand. At work, I will be transferring to a new office out of state. My wife and I will make it sound like I got a big promotion, but its really more of a lateral move. The promotion is a solid reason to give to her family to explain why we are leaving the area. My big question is about our publisher’s cards. I’m guessing that we will have to have them sent to a new congregation near our new home, because if we don’t, the elders and her parents will want to know why. Its not clear to me weather you tell the secretary at your current cong that you are moving and have the cards sent to the new KH before you move, or if you move first and then have the new cong request them; I think it’s the latter but I’m not entirely sure. So should I just find some random Cong somewhere in our new city, ask to have our cards sent there and just never go? If we don’t go to any meetings will the new elders call our old KH back home? Should we go to a few meetings and then fade from the new Cong? Also, I was thinking about trying to find a cong that was dominated by an ethnic and/or racial group that is significantly different from us so that there will be a “cultural disconnect” between us and the new cong. I hoping that with such a disconnect, the new cong won't miss us much as we fade.

Any ideas?

• Berengaria
    Berengaria

I don't have any ideas for you, but I do have much sympathy. How much proof do folks need that this is a cult?

• mrquik
    mrquik

Having the cards forwarded to a new hall & fading there sounds like the best of a bad situation. Eventually family is going to ask all the usual questions. Be prepared. Mention nagging doubts. Never take a direct approach with family that are entrenched in the organization. Over time, you'll be accepted as "inactive". In the interim, enjoy life.

• skeeter1
    skeeter1

bump!

• Aussie Oz
    Aussie Oz

What happened in the last 7 months i wonder...

oz

• Found Sheep
    Found Sheep

give a fake address to the new congregation and no phone number

• Found Sheep
    Found Sheep

oh 7 months.... didn't notice... ya what happen

• Think About It
    Think About It
    I was thinking about trying to find a cong that was dominated by an ethnic and/or racial group that is significantly different from us so that there
    will be a “cultural disconnect” between us and the new cong. I hoping that with such a disconnect, the new cong won't miss us much as we fade.

Good idea. Find a congregation on the other side of town and you are home free.

Think About It

• StoneWall
    StoneWall
    What happened in the last 7 months i wonder...
    oz

Oz for more on this click the link below to his other thread. He posted a few hours ago on it.

http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/jw/friends/218744/1/How-many-have-moved-away

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit