Unwitnessing - Have you ever.......

by punkofnice 3 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

...been incognito in another city, town, state, burg or whatever........been approached by JDubs that didn't know you were 'apostate' (living in the real world that is), and you've been able to unwitness to them?

How did it go?

(Why does it never happen to me? Do I have 'Spiritually weak demonic apostate' tattooed on my forehead or something? Perhaps I don't look like a victim..........)

• Leto
    Leto

Yeah I've done it. I've never outright lied to them. I appraoched a few sitting at a table at a McDonalds on a saturday morning. They had their magazines prominantly displayed on their table, and they were posisioned to where you had to walk past them so you could order.

I got my food and walked up to them "Jehovah's Witnesses, eh?" Struck up a conversation. I told them I used to study and was very familiar with their teachings. They asked why I stopped and I told them because there were huge holes in their doctrines that they couldn't explain. I brought up 586/87 and they looked at me like I had just grown a second head. They told me that there are certain things that I just need to take on faith.

I gave them my name and email, I said I'd like to talk some more, but it's been months and they never followed up on me. I guess I was undeserving.

• Leto
    Leto

I forgot to add they did give me 2 sets of magazines which spent the next week being trampled on in the floor of my truck before they got burned to start a campfire.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

@Leto - they got burned to start a campfire.

WOW! A real practical use for the dublications!

A book burning session is obviously in order on Nov 5th!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit