Rejecting Their Beliefs CAN'T be Sincere...

by jgnat 6 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• jgnat
    jgnat

I came across this quote today.

". . [t]he Koran consistently assumes that the Infidels are not people who have come to a good faith decision that Islam is false. . . In the Koran, those who reject Islam are never acting out of sincere conviction. . . so anyone who rejects it must not be dong so out of intellectual or spiritual conviction, but out of narrow self-interest or desire for material gain. . . In other words, their unbelief in Islam is . . sheer perversity." Robe rt Spencer in The Complete Infidel's Guide to the Koran.

Sound familiar? My (JW) husband, apologists on this board, and WT materials themselves assume my rejection of their religion is due to base or evil motive. I must be materialistic or lazy at best. How does that match up to reality? I am active in my church and in my community. I am at least as well-studied in the bible as they are, and I certainly know more about church history.

I am a conundrum. Therefore I must not exist.

• Pika_Chu
    Pika_Chu

This is how fundies control people. The idea that one cannot reject a belief system with a sincere concern for truth and sound logic is just a way to reinforce members of how "true" the religion is. If it is impossible to defy them with logic, then they can serve whatever flavor of kool-aid they can. Nothing would challenge them, if even if it made sense. You cannot argue against unassailable notions, I'm afraid...

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Hey Jgnat..

JW`s can be as Dumb as a Post..

If you leave the WBT$,invariably a JW friend or relative will say "You Kow it`s the Truth"..

The conversation goes like this..

You Know it`s the Truth!..

No..It`s Not the Truth..

But..You know it`s the Truth!..

No..It`s Not the Truth..

But it is the Truth and you know it..

No..It`s Not the Truth..

You know it`s the Truth and You`ll be back..

No..It`s Not the Truth and I`m never coming back..

Yes you will,because it`s the Truth and you Know It..

You simply can`t get through to them..And..

You will have the same Brain Dead Conversation over and over..

With the same people..

....................... ...OUTLAW

• jgnat
    jgnat

Awww, heck, Outlaw. That's a conversation with a cultist. Bo...........oring. I'd rather snap them out of it and talk to the genuine person underneath. I've found that Witnesses have the most interesting hobbies.

• VoidEater
    VoidEater

It's so much easier to believe a fantasy than deal with reality...the fantasy assumes you're just a silly little thing while the reality would force them to consider they Might Be Wrong...

• jgnat
    jgnat

...or silly little things...

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

LOL!!@Jgnat!!..

Awww, heck, Outlaw. That's a conversation with a cultist. Bo...........oring

Thats a conversation with my mom..

The smartest person in the World,she said so..

She invented Gravy..

....................... ...OUTLAW

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit