A Gift of Literature to JWs Everywhere

by ABibleStudent 7 Replies latest jw friends

• ABibleStudent
    ABibleStudent

Have you ever wanted to give something to a JW that shows how much you care about them, as an individual (possibly even as friend/family member)? Have you ever wanted to free the mind of a JW? If you have asked yourself these types of questions, how do you feel JWs would respond to receiving and reading the following flyer? Hopefully for a few (micro-)seconds, a JW would experience free and independant thought.

For the past 8-months, I have been posting on the Jehovah's Witness Support Forum in the BibleStudent Blog (http://www.jwsupportforum.com/index.php?blog=72.0). I thought that I would share this flyer from what I have learned in researching the WTBTS and interacting with JWs & former JWs for the past year. Most of the information and pictures for this flyer can from http://www.jwstruggle.com/ and http://www.silentlambs.org/.

Peace be with you and everyone, who you love,

BibleStudent

• I quit!
    I quit!

A Jdub who is completely under Watchtower mind control is able to label and dismiss any negative information about the Watchower immediately however if someone is starting to have doubts information like this could be helpful. If they find something like this they are more likely to read it than if someone gives it to them or sees them pick it up.

• james_woods
    james_woods

I was just wondering how the above compares to the thread we had here a while back on identification of the old people on that Watchtower cover?

For instance - could the two be put together to get a complete list including births and deaths?

• keyser soze
    keyser soze

how do you feel JWs would respond to receiving and reading the following flyer?

Yeah, good luck with that.

• miseryloveselders
    miseryloveselders

The vato in the upper left hand corner looks like a perverted sack of scum.

• pirata
    pirata

If I were still in my JW mindset I'd think "Nasty apostate stuff! and not look at it".

If I got a business card that said simply "jwfacts.com", and nothing else, That might peak my curiousity.

• Knowsnothing
    Knowsnothing

IMO, there is no specific way to open a JW's mind. I think a good one is drawing parallels between our religion and a familiar cult, say Mormons, Moonies, etc. It really should be a case by case basis, and not something outright.

• ABibleStudent
    ABibleStudent

Hi Everyone, I know that JWs in the "Truth" would dismiss this flyer almost immediately. I was hoping that doubting JWs and newbie JWs would take more time to think about the information in this flyer. With the upcoming Memorial Services, future assemblies, and knocks on the doors, what better time to give a JW a gift of literature. The worst that might happen is JWs would tell everyone at the KH not to knock on your door.

Peace be with you and everyone, who you love,

ABibleStudent

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit