Childrens Letters To God-(Out of the mouths of babes! ) One for the parents here...

by Pams girl 7 Replies latest social family

• Pams girl
    Pams girl

I found an old book belonging to my daughter, thought Id share some quotes from it. They make me smile!

"In Sunday School, they told us what you did. Who does it when you are on holiday?" Jane aged 8

"Dear God, I read the bible. What does begat mean?..Nobody will tell me!!" Alison aged 8

"Dear God, did you mean for a girafe to look like that or was it an accident?" Norma aged 7

"Dear God, Who draws the lines around the countries?" Nan

"Dear God..What does it mean you are a jelous God. I thought you had everything?" Jane

"Dear God, I am English...what are you?"

"Dear God, thank you for my baby brother but what I prayed for was a puppy..." Joyce

"Dear God, how come you did all those miracles in the old days but dont do nothing now?.." Seymour

"Dear God, my brother is a rat....you should give him a tail. Hahaha...." Danny

"Dear God, maybe Cain and Abel would not kill each other so much if they had their own rooms. It works with my brother.." Larry

"Dear God, I think the stapeler is one of your best inventions..." Ruth M

"Dear God, of all the people who work for you I like Peter and John the best..." Nan

"Dear God...My brother told me how babies are born, but it doesnt sound right to me." Mansha

"Dear God..we read that Thomas Eddison made light, but in Sunday school they said you did it. I bet he stoled your idea.." Donna

"Dear God, Its great the way you always get the stars in the right places..." Jeff

"Dear God, is reverend Coe a friend of yours or do you just know him through business?.." Donny

AND MY PERSONAL FAVOURITE..."DEAR GOD, I DIDNT THINK PURPLE AND ORANGE WENT TOGETHER UNTIL I SAW THE RAINBOW YOU MADE THE OTHER DAY.......

Paula x

• lovelylil
    lovelylil

Paula that is very cute. Thanks for sharing, peace Lilly

• watersprout
    watersprout

"

Dear God, my brother is a rat....you should give him a tail. Hahaha...." Danny

Mwahahahahahahahaha! I have just spluttered on my toast! Something i would have prayed about! Lol

Peace

• Pams girl
    Pams girl

Thanks Lilly x

Wouldnt it be funny if Dannys prayers had come true Watersprout!

Paula x

• keyser soze
    keyser soze
    "Dear God...My brother told me how babies are born, but it doesnt sound right to me." Mansha

The best one, hands down.

• Pams girl
    Pams girl

Hahahaha KS, I wouldnt have believed it if I hadnt had 2 babies myself!

• Lore
    Lore

Am I the only one who thinks these were actually written by adults pretending to be children?

• jamiebowers
    jamiebowers
    Am I the only one who thinks these were actually written by adults pretending to be children?

I think it's quite possible that children wrote those things. I overheard an uncle telling dirty jokes when I was in the first grade, so I was very curious as to what was so funny. I asked my mom about the facts of life, and when she explained them to me I said, "If you don't want to tell me what sex is, don't make up a big lie like that!" She just cracked up laughing.

Also I've read actual letters to Santa from little kids. One said that he'd been a good boy, but his older brother was very bad. Another asked Santa why they got a baby sister instead of a puppy. Little kids have amazing minds.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit