Were women and men of the film noir era more seductive and classy? Gloria Grahme for instance?

by miseryloveselders 4 Replies latest jw friends

• miseryloveselders
    miseryloveselders

I like watching old black and white flicks on a rainy day. Someting about those kinds of films coincides well with dreary days. Something I noticed about those films, and that time, people were really dapper back then. Even the gangsters back then, like Lucky Luciano, who was a really clean dude. I've always liked looking at old photos and film of him in documentaries. Personally speaking, I think actors, actresses, and gangsters were cleaner, more elegant, and presentable than today's stars. At least in the fashion sense of things, because as far as whoredom and loose morals, bad behavior in public, I don't think much has really changed on that end of things with the exception of it being more open about it nowadays.

This past Friday night, Merton of the Movies came on AMC. It stars Red Skelton, and Virginia O'brien who wasn't a bad looking gal at all. The actress that caught my eye though was Gloria Grahme. I never heard of, nor seen her up until Friday night. She was seriouis business bruhs. Something about the black and white film and her style which was in vogue back then, made her all the more appealing. Like if you were see her today, walking down the street dressed like females do nowadays, you wouldn't look twice. She would be just another random woman, and they come a dime a dozen. But looking at her in that film, did something to me. She was whoa. MAtter fact, double whoa.

She was no joke son.

My man Lucky Luciano. A bad man.

• Joliette
    Joliette

Miseryloveselder, I LOVE OLD MOVIES...Film Noir was off the chain!!! An escape from the usual reality. And good old black and white.

My family makes fun of me for watching old movies. I was just watching Cat on a hot tin roof before I started work today on TCM. Elizabeth Taylor and Paul Newman had great chemistry in it!

I know theres Neo-Film Noir also, but nothing compares to the classics!

• PublishingCult
    PublishingCult

Oh, without a doubt, Lauren Bacall

• just n from bethel
    just n from bethel

Wait - that's Hedley Lamarr -

"What are you worried about? This is 1874... you'll be able to sue her!"

• kurtbethel
    kurtbethel

Donna Reed!

Share this

Google+