How to get baptised properly....

by strymeckirules 6 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• strymeckirules
    strymeckirules

who today is elegible to baptise others? who said so and where?

i want to get baptised. but i don't know who is doing it properly now a days.

i thought the jdubs were the correct baptisers, but research showed that the jdubs baptise you to an organization, not to god.

i hated the questions, the time period it took to qualify and the whole bunch of crap.

so as far as i can tell, the rules are as follows:

you have to admit you are a sinner and are repentant of your sins and will try REALLY hard to not repeat those offences anymore.

you have to be baptised in the name of the father the son and the holy spirit/ghost.

then there are technical things like having flowing water, or if not then in a pool and if no pool then 3 sprinkles on the head.

and that the baptiser and baptiseee should fast beforehand.

who qualifies as a baptiser?

i don't want to join a church or go on any waiting period. i just want to get dunked like jesus and see what happens from there.

but who qualifies to dunk me?

does it matter more about the person getting dunked than the dunker?

what if two people found a bible, learned about baptism and said to eachother "can i dunk you without me being dunked first?" and what if there was nobody else to do it? would they be guilty of failure to be baptised?

these thoughts make me wonder.

what do you think?

• frigginconfused
    frigginconfused

Im having the same issues. I want to dedicate my life to God. I have already. But I wish I could find a worthy person to baptise me. Ill know it when I see it though. I was moved how Jesus also pleaded with John to baptise him.

• bob1999
    bob1999

I think all it takes is another believer.

Peace

• J. Hofer
    J. Hofer

i am entitled. you need to pay $2000 beforehand though. for all the expenses...

• lovelylil
    lovelylil

A christian believer can baptize you in water, but only Christ can baptize you with the Holy Spirit.

• skeeter1
    skeeter1

Perhaps Outlaw can be a virtual baptiser! Outlaw, can you baptise me on this thread?

Skeeter

• TTWSYF
    TTWSYF

Looking at the scripture discribing Jesus's baptism, one could think that you should be over 30 yrs old like Jesus was,......but further scriptural reading would lead one to realize that , he [Jesus] instructed his apostles to baptize in the name of the Father, the Son and the Holy Ghost. Jesus was not baptized in the name of the Father, the Son and Holy Ghost. When the apostles went out baptizing, [in the Acts of the apostles] they would baptize entire families and housholds and would not require anyone to be 'educated' on the practices and traditions of the apostles.

The JW way of baptizing seems quite different than the scriptural instructions received from Jesus and the scriptures. You may want to read what the bible says about baptisms and find a church that follows what the 1st Christians taught and practiced.

respectfully,

dc

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit