When going in Street work who left mags at laundry mats?

by foolsparadise 9 Replies latest jw friends

• foolsparadise
    foolsparadise

We would go to laundry mats and leave magazines for people to read and actually count them as placements. The funny thing is there would already be watchtowers in the laundry mat so we would just take them and leave ours and still count them

• wobble
    wobble

We didn't have anything like a laundry mat in our rural area, we had the odd welcome mat.

We used to leave a good sized pile at Homes for the Elderly, it was a good way to unload all your old Mag-rags, and get a good number on your report.

• nancy drew
    nancy drew

Oh yea I remember doing that we were pioneering it was hot outside and we just drove around talking laughing and sitting in the car while one person would get out and leave some mags at the laundromat. what a waste of time but the seeds of escape were already sprouting.

• Open mind
    Open mind

If the mags already there were REALLY old (completely subjective of course) or were in bad shape (common enough) local BOE policy was to remove them and put nicer, newer ones in their place. And of course, count the new "placements".

Then there were the laundromats that had expressly asked the local JWs not to leave anything. The hard-core pioneers would actually cruise by the "forbidden laundromats" and see if any of the less-informed/less-obedient JWs had left anything. If so, they would remove them. All while counting their time.

om

• Mr. Falcon
    Mr. Falcon

I heard about certian older J-dubbs leaving STACKS of magazines at local laundry mat. I think the manager called up and bitched that he isn't running a recycling facility.

• WhatWasIThinking
  • WhatWasIThinking
  • WhatWasIThinking
    WhatWasIThinking

Trying a different browser since both times my post didn't post. If it doesn't work this time then I give up.

We would go to laundromats in early morning informal witnessing. If there was anyone there, we would try to talk to them first. Then we would just leave the maganizes on the tables and count each one we left. Easy way to get rid of the collection of leftover magazines everyone would build up.

• designs
    designs

Usually dumper, er placed, 300-400 a month in Laundry Mats.

I sorry Trees..........

• Violia
    Violia

Indeed, always a good way to start your time . Now when I find the rags, I trash them so know one else's life will get destroyed.( my G- Father came into the "truth" after finding a mag in the trash- so rip them up good)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit