They're Growing Hearts In The Lab

by metatron 7 Replies latest jw friends

• metatron
    metatron

See:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-1372938/Live-human-heart-grown-lab-using-stem-cells-potential-transplant-breakthrough.html

At this juncture, I will add my usual 'intercourse you, Watchtower and your lying promises' ..................... realizing full well that a future Witness will benefit from a lab grown heart while parking his flying car and while muttering 'everything is worse and worse'. I guess that's no differerent than watching an ultra-orthodox Rabbi in 18th century ghetto dress on satellite TV or jihadists using the internet to extol the virtues of a corrupt and ignorant caliphate in the Middle Ages.

If this keeps up, I will be hard pressed not to empathize with atheists who absolutely despise religion. We start with appreciating a promise of the 'lame walking and the blind seeing' and then nearly ignore the results that actually emerge. Amazing....

metatron

• DanaBug
    DanaBug
    We start with appreciating a promise of the 'lame walking and the blind seeing' and then nearly ignore the results that actually emerge.

That made me smile! One of my few beliefs is we'll fix our own problems when we quit waiting on invisible guy to do it. I was watching a doc the other night, Nat Geo I think, they were growing fully-functioning rat hearts and lungs from stem cells; and now this! Humans are amazing, we need to start believing that.

• Yan Bibiyan
    Yan Bibiyan

Hmm, not really "intercourse you WT"....

The WT has been saying for decades that the New System, when selected individuals are going to live forever, is just around the corner. They are currently promoting it full tilt in April.

Looks like the system is indeed new, the individuals are selected (not everyone will need a new heart) and it is evidently our own fault for not properly understanding the WT message...

But what do you expect from a bunch of independently thinking apostates.

Or...is it truly amazing what modern science is dabbling into? The engagement is growing exponential as synergies from parallel discoveries merge into the good equivalent of the Death Star's laser.

• losthobbit
    losthobbit

The future is what we make it... There are three futuristic movements I support:

Humanity Plus, OpenCog, and The Venus Project

Humanity+ :
    What is the Mission of Humanity+?

Humanity+ is an international nonprofit membership organization which advocates the ethical use of technology to expand human capacities. We support the development of and access to new technologies that enable everyone to enjoy better minds, better bodies and better lives. In other words, we want people to be better than well.

OpenCog:

No challenge today is more important than creating Artificial General Intelligence (AGI), with broad capabilities at the human level and ultimately beyond.

OpenCog is an open-source software project aimed at directly confronting the AGI challenge, using mathematical and biological inspiration and professional software engineering techniques.

The Venus Project:

The Venus Project presents a bold, new direction for humanity that entails nothing less than the total redesign of our culture. There are many people today who are concerned with the serious problems that face our modern society: unemployment, violent crime, replacement of humans by technology, over-population and a decline in the Earth's ecosystems.

• yesidid
    yesidid

They're Growing Hearts In The Lab

This might give the GB members the oppotunity to get one each.

• DanaBug
    DanaBug

Lol! And let's hope they can grow functioning brains soon too!

• NomadSoul
    NomadSoul

I want them to grow me a bigger penis.

• baltar447
    baltar447

NomadSoul, You just earned +2 Internets for that comment. Carry on.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit