Only 3 Ways To Look At Any Given Situation

by Was New Boy 8 Replies latest jw friends

• Was New Boy
    Was New Boy

Sounds to simple?

If you're in a "Bad" relationship....a "Bad" religion.....a "bad" Job. Or any situation that makes you unhappy. How will you deal with it?

Since all these things are only "good" or "bad" by your own concept or perception of them.

What is your coping mechanism? Some spiritual teachers say we deal with them in one of three ways.

Sadly most people choose No. 3 first. Which is....

3. Piss, moan and complain about their situation.

They express to everyone they know how unhappy they are about their life, their mate, their job, their health, their church, their children, their parents, their friends and their family.

The next 2 choices, are the most heathiest but are harder to do!

2. Total rejection of the person or situation!....Extract yourself out of the equation.

You say "I you can't do that" for whatever reason, maybe it's a health issue. Then there is only one thing left to do. That is choice #1.

1. Total acceptance of your situation. Not saying you accept it.... but really accepting it in your heart. Even to the point of blessing it.

If you say "I can't do that either!" Then you have no choice but to go back to method #1 that does nothing but make you and the people around you miserable.... or method # 2 with whatever that brings.

Blessing to you all on this wonderful journey of life....the choice is yours!

WNB

• ProdigalSon
    ProdigalSon

Wise, wise words, Grasshopper.

• lil princess
    lil princess

when everything is a total wreck, i cannot help but laugh. especially when i have created the situation.

• NomadSoul
    NomadSoul

Lil Princess, I do the same too! I sometimes just say it out loud. Then laugh some more.

• Was New Boy
    Was New Boy

Very good!.....Laughing is really a form of acceptance... is it not?

• stuckinamovement
    stuckinamovement

I choose acceptance of my situation and then wash that acceptance down with beer.

• lil princess
    lil princess

newboy, you are correct. i think laughing is more of a precursor or a preperation for acceptance. and sticky has the right idea with a drinky.

• Was New Boy
    Was New Boy

I guess your right there is a fouth way.....which is drink to much....lol

I know I did this one a lot when I was a JW!

• scary21
    scary21

You are in the drivers seat of your life! I love to make people laugh. Sometimes they pee thier pants.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit