Does Jehovah really support the preaching work?

by Kensho 8 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Kensho
    Kensho

There is no doubt JWs are famous for the preaching work even if you do not agree with the doctrine. I have always wondered why if the work is so important and backed by Jehovah, Jesus, and the Angels why do pioneers, COs, DOs and assembly hall overseers and their wives etc. who are on the front lines get cancer and other debilitating diseases that take them out of the most important work in the so called" last days". It seems counter productive in accomplishing the goal of reaching as many as possible before the end and it's not like Jehovah hasn't performed healing miracles in the past if we are to believe the Bible, I mean he wouldn't have to advertise it or anything just do healing to keep them in "his" work. I bring this up because I have noticed this seems to be on the rise with many in the fulltime work, it's a good thing they are covered by a great medical plan the R&F pay for with exception of the poor reg. pioneers who are out there busting their hump and on their own, at least they make for some good wt and yearbook inspirational stories.

your thoughts are welcome

Kensho

• VampireDCLXV
    VampireDCLXV

I bid you welcome, Kensho!

It has been pointed out here many times that terms like pioneer, field service report, missionary, etc aren't in the bible. It's all just busywork to keep the rank & file enslaved to the GB gods in Brooklyn. The WTS and the religion behind it is just their front. Keep posting...

V665V665

• Kensho
    Kensho

V665 I have seen many referrences to the WBTS being a front for something, could you elaborate is it a money thing and if so who gets it. I have been in a long time and can't fiquire out what motives a handful of GB would have other than what they demonstrate with directing the ww org. albeit making some very big mistakes and the fact that they have setup an atmosphere where I have to seek answers to questions from forums like this because of the major control they are able to exercise over the sheep, not to mention the fear they instill in those who dare question them. That of course is fodder for another thread.

Kensho

• Resistance is Futile
    Resistance is Futile

Does the Creator of the Universe support the recruitment work of a small doomsday cult? No he doesn't.

• VampireDCLXV
    VampireDCLXV

I'd say it's more than money... what these guys really get off on is having about 7 million people licking their boots. They get off on the power; the luxury apartments, nice cars and trips around the world are just a bonus. I'll leave it to others to figure out the money trail though I will say that the real estate the WTS has accumulated over the decades has a lot to do with it...

V665V665

• thetrueone
    thetrueone

I have seen many references to the WBTS being a front for something,

Its a billion dollar world wide publishing company, there entails the secret to its corruption.

Preaching the word is what they say their doing " The Truth " through god's own holy spirit chosen by him.

In reality the WTS has preached their self devised word, not of god's.

It was devious, coercive and exploitive but that was the foundation and source of its prolong success.

• Aussie Oz
    Aussie Oz

Hi Kensho

go google search the 'seventh day adventists'... and 'millerites' as well as 'second adventist' even just on Wikipedia and perhaps their own websites

and you will see that this religion (which i hope you come to realize is also a second adventist religion as JWs are)

is in more countries, has more followers, has more churches, has more magazines and books than Jehovah's witnesses.

As the WT society does like to boast numbers as some sort of evidence of gods blessing, take a look at the numbers of other second adventist faiths and see what you think...

i fund it pretty damning actualy.

There is no way, even by using the JWs own 'proofs' of gods blessing that god is behind them at all, thus, neither does their god look after their health (or anyone elses for that matter).

ooz

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

When I was a kid we went where the need was great to save the Christians from the Watchtowers rapidly approaching Armageddon.

The yearbook boasted how our increasing numbers were evidence of Jehovah's blessing our efforts.

Two years later couple of Mormon boys arrived.

Forty years later government statistics list the Mormons at 10% of the population. Jehovah's Witnesses are lumped in with 'Other religions' at less than 1%.

Who had Jehovah's blessing?

Jehovah didn't show up with the Watchtower's armageddon either. That one is well past it's use by date. Jehovah has steadfastly refused to prevent his followers from looking like a bunch of fools.

• stillstuckcruz
    stillstuckcruz

Well imagine if God automatically sheilded the prominent JW's from any harm to continue the preaching work. How many people would FLOCK to the religion if they knew for a fact that if they had a good postion/rank, they could stay perfectly healthy? They know that no matter what position they have, they are still affected by the same illnesses and trials as everyone else in the world. Yet, they continue to preach...which I really think is more of a "witness" in itself. Despite their ailments(if they have them), they continue to put Jah(or the JW's) first. If they were immune to disease, they might end up serving Jehovah for the wrong reasons in their minds.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit