I think I may have planted a seed......

by happyexjw 4 Replies latest jw friends

• happyexjw
    happyexjw

So I have been lurking on the Jehovhas witnesses, history, publications...blah blah blah facebook page. A few days ago I entered on a discussion on Jesus Geniology. I mentioned about the missing years from 12 - 30 of jesus life not in the bible. Basically if people could recall his years from birth to 12 and from 30 till his death what about from 12 - 30. I had a lot of explanations for example one (Earthly Envoy- you may recogise him if you have looked at this page) said that his EXPLOITS in those years are not important he only became the messiah at 30. Any way the conversation changed loads and maybe I came across to them as ranting as I related to personal experiences etc.

But there was this one person who has been studying for a year who was totally disgusted with the way they were speaking to me and also the way they spoke to her. She critisised the way they were belittling those asking questions as in her opinion no question is silly to ask. She said that he was giving a bad name to the JW's and this is the same treatment she recieved in other churches and thought JW's were different, loving and patient etc. she is glad that she has seen this treatment before getting baptised. They called her too sensitive and being swayed by emotion and not bible standards. This infuriated her more, she said that she will print the discussion out and present it to her study, and hoping her reactions would not be the same, if its true then she will present with the elders again if its the same then she no longer wants to be part of this organisation. She said that she recommended her friends to this page and they came back with same experience of being talked down to with their questioning etc.

I have now been banned from posting anything to that page (what a suprise ) and sent her an email from my response to comments they made about me and explaining to her that I was now banned.

Either this person is an 'apostate' and trying to imprint logical thoughts or she really is interested and starting to see the light. fingers crossed for the latter, but fairplay and thank you for the former.

I will keep you posted if I hear anything back from her.

Happyexjw

• jeckle
    jeckle

awesome! oops why am i so happy about that!

• happyexjw
    happyexjw

Its the same reason when I read on from my last post, the discussions that where taking place after and noticing my name being mentioned and her logical reasoning as a study defending what I was saying, made me too.

• Sayswho
    Sayswho

There is hope now...

Sw

• skeeter1
    skeeter1

Yeah! Another life saved.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit