Why be satistfied with second best?

by queenofsheba 4 Replies latest jw friends

• queenofsheba
    queenofsheba

JW's belive that one day that they'll live in paradise, which is fine.
    But how can the belive that they are saved? The fact is they don't.
    I concider being saved as a wonderful gift from god, that one day i'll see him and spend eternity with him, and 'with him' i would concider to be in 'heaven' with him.
    The gospel is, that god loves you, jesus died for you so he could forgive your sins and that all man is equal in his eyes, and JW's stand firmly on that belief.And then they believe that at the end, 144 thousand shall go to heaven (which i think is the highest place, where god has his throne, and where he rules from, basically the best) and that the other belivers will stay on earth in paradise.
    Don't you think that,that's awful, how could all those belivers be satistfied with that?
    they say God is perfect. i totally agree. He wouldn't lie to us.

So why would he tell us that we are all equal, and then when we have all worked just as hard, loved him and treated him with exactly the same respect as every other beliver, and then he goes and chooses 144,000 of us to live up there with him.
    Thats like a Dad telling his kids that he loves them all equally. Then saying if they honer and obey him that, when it comes to splitting the inhertitance, that they'll all get 4 wheel drives.
    Soon it comes to that time, they all do get their 4x4's, but one kid gets a A big flash sports car, and and large garage to house it.

I have the same problem with the bread and wine, Jesus died for every sinning soul, he said that we were all equal, and that we should ALL remember, by breaking bread and drinking the wine, in rememberence of him, and yet only our elder's are aloud to take this. I'm upset, we are all equal, we have all sinned, all got soul's, all followed and obeyed him, yet only a select few get the privaliges.

Could someone answer this for me?

P.s i'm sorry for the terrible spelling.

• belbab
    belbab

Queen O Sheba,

A hearty welcome to this discussion board. You have posed a good question. Much discussion about the subject of only the 144Ks getting the hot sport cars and get to loaf in the eternel sunshine at the head honchs ranch, while the rest of us, cleaning up garbage and devastation on earth. and on and on and on......

Throw all these interpretations out the door, and if it is your bag, start to read the scriptures and find the answers for your self.

Belbab

• queenofsheba
    queenofsheba

i already know the answer, i was asking in an non biost way, so i could get some feed back off people, and hear what they've got to say.

Everytime, when i post something that makes people think, i always get some wise guy putting forward some insulting comment,particually someone like you.

have i offended you?

Well if i have now...good!

• Preston
    Preston

So the only people who get the red sports cars are the ones who get to heaven? For a God-fearing Christian, like yourself, I can truly respect your desire to reach this ultimate prize of yours. As for a sincere Christian like myself, the idea of spending an eternity in Heaven doesn't appeal to me. I'd rather spend my lifetime right here. The whole thing reminds me of a movie I saw called Wings of Desire (later remade into City of Angels) where two angels descend upon Berlin to discuss what it was like to view several thousand years of human history, and one of them doens't want the gift of living eternally in heaven. Rather, he wants to experience the pleasures of being a human on earth, even if the time spent here is short. Since it wasn't God's original intent for us to live in heaven with him, I see how such a prospect does not appeal to me.

In the film Andrei Rublev (I know I'm talking a lot about cinema here) the lead character, a painter of icons, meets his protege' Theophenes the Greek, several years after Theophenes' death. "What is heaven like?," says Rublev. "I can assure you," says Theophenes, "it's not the way that everyone thinks of it." I really don't think of heaven as the place that eveyone thinks of either. You basically have been removed from your physical self: you eyes, ears, legs, stomach, etc... So, in essence, everything that you are is gone... Your work in heaven (I guess, to bring glory to the father in heaven) becomes your chief objective for all an eternity. Truly, what else is there to do... It's almost like your God's plaything. Being that your physical self is removed, can you truly have any memories of what it was like to live on earth. I doubt it.

The crown fo glory seems less appealing that light. Does my salvation have to be reserved only for heaven? If such si the case, that being second best is okay with me...

• toribabe
    toribabe

Your movies are all humanistic and satisfy all your human desires.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit