who wants to be second best?

by toribabe 8 Replies latest watchtower bible

• toribabe
    toribabe

JW's belive that one day that they'll live in paradise, which is fine.
    But how can the belive that they are saved? The fact is they don't.
    I concider being saved as a wonderful gift from god, that one day i'll see him and spend eternity with him, and 'with him' i would concider to be in 'heaven' with him.
    The gospel is, that god loves you, jesus died for you so he could forgive your sins and that all man is equal in his eyes, and JW's stand firmly on that belief.And then they believe that at the end, 144 thousand shall go to heaven (which i think is the highest place, where god has his throne, and where he rules from, basically the best) and that the other belivers will stay on earth in paradise.
    Don't you think that,that's awful, how could all those belivers be satistfied with that?

they say God is perfect. i totally agree. He wouldn't lie to us.

So why would he tell us that we are all equal, and then when we have all worked just as hard, loved him and treated him with exactly the same respect as every other beliver, and then he goes and chooses 144,000 of us to live up there with him.
    Thats like a Dad telling his kids that he loves them all equally. Then saying if they honer and obey him that, when it comes to splitting the inhertitance, that they'll all get 4 wheel drives.
    Soon it comes to that time, they all do get their 4x4's, but one kid gets a A big flash sports car, and and large garage to house it.

I have the same problem with the bread and wine, Jesus died for every sinning soul, he said that we were all equal, and that we should ALL remember, by breaking bread and drinking the wine, in rememberence of him, and yet only our elder's are aloud to take this. I'm upset, we are all equal, we have all sinned, all got soul's, all followed and obeyed him, yet only a select few get the privaliges.

Could someone answer this for me?

P.s i'm sorry for the terrible spelling.

• Celia
    Celia

I can't anwer that for you, but yesterday, Amazing posted something relating to that, a speech he made during the Memorial... I'll go find it and post the link...
    Here it is...
    http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/forum/thread.asp?id=20785&site=3

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

While I now believe that any specific belief about what happens when we die is a bit of an indicator for mental illness, back when I was mentally ill, I very much loved this earth as a home, and could not, cannot imagine anywhere else I'd rather spend eternity.

What you imagine heaven to be, holds no appeal to me.

• toribabe
    toribabe

Thanks that was......... incouraging? But i'd rather listen to someone who believes and stands for something. i don't intend to offend you, but I'm sorry, if you think this world is great then you deserve this world.

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

Thanks for the affirmation. It is great, and I do love it here. I can't help but think you would be better off with the same appreciation I have, but it's your life to live, with your attitude to carry, so I'll leave you to the deciding of what that attitude will be.

• WildHorses
    WildHorses

I am first I tell ya, FIRST! I am the first one to wake up in my house each morning. The first to get a shower. The first to make breakfast, coffee, etc.

I am the first to run out of the door when my shift has finished at work

I don't want someone in my life I can live with. I want someone in my life I can't live without.
  • toribabe
    toribabe

I was trying to be honest, i thought that was important. i never intended to insult you. You how ever insulted me by accusing me of housing some sort of mentel illness, because i believe in sonething and i think i have that right, as you do have the right to voice your own opinion and beliefs.
    Lets please not fall out

• toribabe
    toribabe

i like your way of thinking, everyone wants the best, espcially if they've earnt and deserved it.

• Bang
    Bang

Toribabe,
    "espcially if they've earnt and deserved it"

I think your beginning to see the cracks in the 'foundation' of JWism, but to me that's a big one. Salvation isn't earnt, and why do JWs want second best?
    Because they want things they've seen and try to 'earn' it, like going to work, as in a trade (buy and sell). When some lose in the trade, like Esau and Judas, they may repent with tears, but it's over loss, they still didn't get it. Likewise, the WT society simply doesn't understand what God was even saying - it's uncomfortable to them, to pride (taxcollectors & prostitutes are past that), preferring the idea of earning what they want - a paradise on earth. But in effect they are simply saying "give us what we know" or rather "I have enough". (just remove these other 'lazy' people who don't labour for goodness as we do).

This is being the blasphemer, as Paul - that God requires us to trade with Him. It's speaks wickedly of Him, and that's why there isn't forgiveness where it's not wanted, for those whose inner self is saying they don't want a free love, but rather a trade. Grace is not for sale. When one tries to earn it, the demons simply come back and multiply, so inside duress sets in and no becomes yes and yes, no.
    JWism is phariseeism.

Regarding heaven, a pair of twins was going to be born and one baby said to the other, how do you know that babies are born ? Have you ever seen it, been there, has anyone come back ? How do you even know you have a mother ? Have you seen her ? What will happen to you if your born ? I don't want to go, I don't trust what will happen.
    But in reality it is "What no eye has seen, nor ear heard, nor the heart of man conceived, what God has prepared ...."

The JW paradise on earth invention is like a holiday add, without Adventure, glossies all read and 'understood'.
    "and he went out, not knowing where he was to go."

Bang

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit