Epic drama is imminent

by fade_away 5 Replies latest jw friends

• fade_away
    fade_away

Soap opera style drama unfolds at the smallest irrelevant actions a j-dub takes. For example, just last year when I was still in, my soon-to-be wife fiance and I decided to start sitting together at the meetings. We figured "we might as well, since we're about to marry". Of course this did not go unnoticed by the members of the congregation, especially by the elders. The meetings (and their lives) must be so boring for people that they focus on everyone else instead. As soon as we started sitting together, the elders decided to talk to us both about the appropiate way to sit. I swear to god all we did was hold hands the entire time, but the elders told us that we shouldn't be putting our arms around each other during the meeting, around the waist during the songs, and especially during the prayer cause it "just might stumble someone."

My guess is that someone saw us holding hands and decided to run to the elders and exaggerate what they saw to the point of saying we were cuddling or something. Even more gossip came up when we decided to talk outside in the parking lot after the meetings. Seriously? What, are we gonna have premarital sex on the hood of a car or something? But no, it "just might stumble someone". Then one day I was talking to her in the parking lot with her brother as a chaperone and guess what? The next meeting I found myself in the back room with two morons elders lecturing me about how "I need to be careful". By that point I stopped agreeing and smiling and just kinda rolled my eyes. I was pissed on the inside.

Me being the son of an elder and having burdens priviliges in the congregation, made me a target for gossip and surveillance. I was barely able to look her way without people noticing. My fiance was just as angry. Well, now we're married and both happily out. But like I said: Epic drama is imminent. Soon, the three day convention will be here and everyone will notice that my wife and I will be absent on all three days. My mom has already asked me if I reserved hotels and I said not yet. They will eventually find out of our innactivity which will result in more drama than a spanish soap opera.

I'm out but not 100% free. I'm still under surveillance by some friends and family in facebook. Everything I write is carefully read to make sure I'm not saying things I shouldn't. Every picture, comment, and friend I make is examined by retards our fellow brothers and sisters who are eager to run to the elders with dirt on us. I posted pictures of a metal concert I went with my wife and I was told it "just might stumble someone". I'll eventually just officially DA myself so they can shun me. I'm happy now but I'm happier left alone.

dens

• Broken Promises
    Broken Promises

The longer you are out, the more ridiculous it sounds when adults counsel other adults as if they are children.

I'm glad the both of you are out together. Best of luck with your fading.

• mrquik
    mrquik

Congratulations on getting out together. It's so much easier with your wife/husband with you. I left an ex-wife (don't really miss her), one daughter & a bunch of good friends. It does get better every day. Hang in there, you're in for one helluva ride.

• skeeter1
    skeeter1

You can't hold hands in the Kingdumb Hall! It might show some love between two humans! But, had you stayed in the Troof and become parents, you'd be expected to beat the chit out of your children in the bathroom for any sign of boredom, playfulness, or fussiness! Beating a child in the Kingdumb Hall is showing luv, dub style.

Anyway, glad you are both out. And, as Mr. Qiuk said, fasten your seatbelts. The mother & father-in-laws are not going to be happy. You two are going to have to decide fairly quickly to stand up for yourselves as a new family unit. Oh, and wait until you have children. Your parents are going to go ape chit that your children aren't going to be raised in da Troof.

• EmptyInside
    EmptyInside

It's funny,but no one missed me at the convention,two years in a row. I let some believe,I was going for another week.

And I deleted one by one,all Witnesses on facebook.

It's worth a shot,if you don't want all the drama.

• kimbo
    kimbo

dont hold hands

brain dead cult like rules

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit