How many active JWs would opt for one meeting day verses two days per week.

by Marie B. Paraison 3 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Marie B. Paraison
    Marie B. Paraison

In response John said: Instructor, we saw a certain man expelling demons by the use of your name and we tried to prevent him, because he is not following with us. But Jesus said to him: Do not you men try to prevent him, for he that is not against you is for you"( Luke 9:49,50).

"Go home to your relatives, and report to them all the things Jehovah/Yah has done for you and the mercy he had on you. And he went away and started to proclaim in the Decapolis all the things Jesus/Yeshua did for him, and all the people began to wonder" ( Mark 5:20).

The first quote is an example of a man who worshiped the father as Jeshus/Yeshua did and he had strong faith in Yeshua that enabled him to emulate his miraculous work, but was not a follower of Yeshua, yet the apostles thought to stop this man because they did not understand the concept of the narrow road to life that Jesus/Yeshua was advocating (Matthew 7:13).

In the second instance, this man did not need to become a follower of Yeshua. In essence, a person does not need to be a follower of anybody. The above accounts are two examples of persons who did not follow Yeshua, but unfortunately many never thought to stop following the apostles.

These two persons are unsung heroes. Very likely you will not hear a sermon or a talk in a religious institution in honor of these persons, no wonder leaving religion is stigmatized.

The narrow road to life is the ability to see what others don’t see and apply to your life what you read in the Bible regardless of what other people teach or don’t teach. A major sin of religions is that they teach complacency and give a false confidence which translate to – the longer you are stranded in your religion the more faithful you are.

" For where there are two or three gathered together in my name, there I am in their midst" (Matthew 18:20).

Check out previous post by Marie Paraison.

• Broken Promises
  • sizemik
    sizemik

" For where there are two or three gathered together in my name, there I am in their midst" (Matthew 18:20).

Why go to Church when Jesus is saying he will visit you in your home? . . . simple unencumbered fellowship is all I can think of.

Luvonyall - MS

• 3Mozzies
    3Mozzies

lol @ Broken Promises

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit