Are you Victor Meldrew ?

by wobble 3 Replies latest jw friends

• wobble
    wobble

This thread is apropos nothing in particular, except to ask, does modern life get you down too ?

For those not familiar with Mr Meldrew, he is from a British sit-com and is a senior citizen who gripes and complains a lot . There is a lot more to the sit-com than that, it is quite brilliant, but that is the pertinent point.

I went on National Rail's site on Thursday night to ask two simple questions, what time is the first train to London from my local station around 9AM, and how much were they going to sting me for a ticket.

The site was worse than useless, no way could you get an answer to simple questions like that.

At one point it asked me if I would like to take part in a Customer Survey, so I did, I raved and ranted and insulted all through this survey, then it asked me my gender, then my age, at this point I paused before clicking "Next", I could just see in my mind the next question:

"ARE YOU VICTOR MELDREW?"

Of course it wasn't the next question, but I could hear his voice in my head as I let them have it about their crappy site.

So what about modern life really pisses you off?

• four candles
    four candles

Just about everything......I'm a proper grumpy oldish man.

The automated phone system....why can't we speak to a human instead of pressing buttons,getting passed from one to another,then getting cut off.

No decent rock on the radio.

slow computers,even though they are supposed to be getting faster.

Miles and miles of traffic cones and not a worker in sight.

impolite and ignorant people who don't know how to say please or thank you.

.......etc etc........

• Amelia Ashton
    Amelia Ashton

I hate the fact that at certain times of the day or when there are events on in my area it is quicker to walk than drive, but the pollution from idling car engines is so overpowering it makes me nauseous.

• PYRAMIDSCHEME
    PYRAMIDSCHEME

Isnt Andy Rooney The U.S's version of Victor?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit