Looking for a WT reference concerning "Trust the FDS"

by drewcoul 6 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• drewcoul
    drewcoul

I am looking for which WT, and a quote that, if I remember correctly went something like, "Jehovah and Jesus trust the Faithful and Discreet Slave, shouldn't you?"

I want to show this to my mother and compare it to Psalm 146:3:

"Do not put YOUR trust in nobles,
    Nor in the son of earthling man, to whom no salvation belongs."

• TimothyT
    TimothyT

Hi!

This doctrine is one of my pet HATES!!!

Read Watchtower 2009, 15th February, 'They Keep Following the Lamb', page 27, paragraph 11. Im going to read the entire article now!

"The Slave Is Faithful and Discreet
    11 Since Jehovah God and Jesus Christ completely trust the faithful and discreet slave, should we not do the same? After all, the slave has shown itself to be faithful in doing its assigned work. For example, the Watchtower magazine has been published for some 130 years. Meetings, assemblies, and conventions of Jehovah’s Witnesses continue to build us up spiritually."

Hope that helps!

Show your mother what the bible REALLY teaches! :) Good for you!

Let me know how you get on!

Timmy X :)

• drewcoul
    drewcoul

Thanks Timmy!!

That's exactly the reference I was looking for.

• TimothyT
    TimothyT

Your welcome! Let me know how it goes! Iv tried to reason these scriptures with so many lately to no avail!

See you soon

Tim :)

• TimothyT
    TimothyT

I agree... the catholic church still exists... the mormons still preach... the muslims are still around...

Being a current organisation or religion in this world doesnt mean that one is annointed by God! Loads exist!

When i hear this kind of stuff i always smile and see it for what its worth... some guy just making a quick statement without actualy thinking PROPERLY about what he is writing!

Tim :)

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

UGH! I remember that study. I had to conduct that load of crap. It was another step toward walking away from the Borg for me.

• kurtbethel
    kurtbethel

Circular reasoning circling the drain.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit