Love of the Governing Body

by IMHO 9 Replies latest jw friends

• IMHO
    IMHO

At a recent SAD the visiting bethel brother after passing on the love of the Branch Committee (which is bad enough, they used to say the 'Bethel Family' didn't they), he then made it worse (for me) by adding that he has also been told to pass on the love of the Governing Body.

That doesn't sit quite right with me but I can't really explain why. Any thoughts?

• Murray Smith
    Murray Smith

GB feeling a bit detached from R+F? . . . "maybe they don't love us anymore? . . . part of the "closing ranks" mentality we have seen manifest in the internet age perhaps . . . "we really do care about you . . . really . . . we do" . . . most die-hard listeners will feel warm and fuzzy about it . . . mission accomplished

Luvonyall - MS

• kimbo
    kimbo

what love

• Brother_Izzacult
    Brother_Izzacult

pull my finger!

• SlipnSlide
    SlipnSlide

More love? Sounds like we need more money to me.

• TotallyADD
    TotallyADD

It is just another way for the GB to separate themselves from the others and show they are more superior by separately giving their so called love to you all. Totally ADD

• IMHO
    IMHO

This passing on of love never did feel quite right to me when it becomes so impersonal.

Not helped by the fact that when I was much younger I was visiting a convention in Europe and as many of you know at conventions love is often passed on by visiting dignitaries missionaries so I went to administration to say I was visiting from another land and would like the love of my congregation passed on - Left weren't interested.

• IMHO
    IMHO

Left They weren't interested. (sorry for the typo)

• stuckinlimbo
    stuckinlimbo

All animals are equal, but some animals are more equal than others....

• the-illuminator81
    the-illuminator81

Evidently the love of the governing body and the branch committee is a lot more important that the love of the rank and file. Or should we all start writing letters to the GB to pass our love to them? Maybe we can even start praying to them.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit