Do you feel spiritual and what defines it for you?

by unshackled 2 Replies latest jw friends

• unshackled
    unshackled

(I'm sure this has been covered on here at some point…but seeing that the membership is constantly shifting, let's do it again.)

So I don't mean spiritual as in belief in the supernatural or relating to religion, though doesn't exclude that either. But more so in the broader sense…the stuff that affects the human spirit, what moves you, what adds meaning to your life?

Guess I would define my spirituality in the sense of reverence for nature and being "one" with nature: appreciating our place amongst all life on earth, the incredible path of our evolution, our cousinship with all animals, my bond with my dog, appreciating an amazing sunset, complete awe at the massive scope of the universe, the power and beauty of the ocean, a towering redwood, wonderment of the stars. Not sure that defines it completely but it's a start.

In what sense do you feel spiritual, what defines it for you?

• man in black
    man in black

working with animals does it for me everytime.

when I was on the way out of the witnesses I went down to Louisianna after katrina and I never felt more spiritual working with the animals affected by the storm.

• unshackled
    unshackled

Awesome...great cause. Volunteering is something I know I don't do enough of, brings many deep satisfaction.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit