They're Back

by Old Goat 1 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Old Goat
    Old Goat

When the watchtower history blog (truthhistory.blogspot.com) people stopped posting on the public site because of harassment issues, apparently from someone using the Brooklyn Bethel IP address I got access to the private site. I noticed today that they have now opened it up to public view, saying that the harassment issue was resolved.

The new history blog is here: http://towerhistory.blogspot.com

This is the best and most detailed material I've seen. It's produced by people who are Witnesses, but it's not the usual crap found ona pro-Witnesses, let's worship Russell site. This is good stuff

• clarity
    clarity

Hi Old Goat,

Thanks for the link .... took a quick look at it and came upon this ...

"Of his several objections the two that seem to draw the strongest attention is Russell’s belief that Revelation 20:5 was spurious. More clearly than anyone in this period, Rotherham refuted this belief. He also took exception to Russell’s treatment of Jesus’ status before God: “Mr. Russell’s manner of speaking of our Lord has caused us pain. He mostly speaks of Him as simply “Jesus” – a thing the Apostles, if we mistake not, seldom did after the resurrection … . While our author very distinctly owns the pre-incarnate spiritual nature of the Savior, he seems, over and over again to purposely avoid attributing to Him absolute Deity prior to his human birth; and so frequently affirms that “since his resurrection he is a perfect spiritual being of the highest or divine order” (p. 175 and elsewhere) as to force one to think that he means to exclude our Lord’s pre-incarnate existence as not equal to this.”

Found in the Christian Herald a review of the 1st Volumn of Millenial Dawn.

Looks like nothing has changed - downplay Jesus importance; and the continual aggrandising of W leaders and now the the arrogant governing body touted as being pretty much equal to Christ! Imagine they are our MEDIATORS!!!! For crying outloud!

Good site!

clarity

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit