Would you do this for your daughter?

by Snoozy 6 Replies latest social family

• Snoozy
    Snoozy

A girly party..via Avon calling?

Two of their many parties:

Platinum Princess Party

• $375 for 8 girls. $25 for each additional girl. (2 hours)
      Basic package plus:
    • Limo pick-up, drop off or ride during party.
    • Pizza.
    • Group photo and picture frame for host.
    • Light-up wands for each girl.
    • Surprise princess appearance from "real princess".
    • Gift bag station

Platinum High School Dance

• $110 per girl (four girl minimum).
    • Hair up-du with "hair bling", airbrush make-up, airbrush tan (can be done ahead of time).
    • Limo pick-up from one home (18 miles max) ($5 per additional mile).
    • One hour limo rental following services.

http://www.stlgirlparties.com

Snoozy

• Amelia Ashton
    Amelia Ashton

It's what my daughter is expecting for her prom in July. Proms are a new thing over here.

Can't think where they got the idea from!!!

• exwhyzee
    exwhyzee

I raised boys so what do I know about little girls.... but it seems like so many of them want to act like teenaged celebrities especially ones that are celebrities for no reason (Paris Hilton). I'd say it would depend on her age and how level headed she is and what her friends are like. Did she earn the privelidge somehow? It does seem pretty reasonably priced....don't see the harm in it so long as I was sure it wouldn't give a little girl the idea she was entitled to such things or that fun had to involve mass consumerism....over the top glitz and glamor. Kids can become jaded if they peak too soon.....nothing to look forward to...been there done that at 10years of age because they were handed everything without the satisfaction of having earned it.

Just my random thoughts...

• the_raisin
    the_raisin

Agree with exwhyzee. Kids definitely become jaded if given too much.

I always love to see a spoil kid fall. Especially fall hard. I like to think it's karma, but then, karma might get me back from rejoicing in their temporary missery.

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

I lived in NY for a long time and met many JAPs. Values should have precedence. I've always been a makeup maven. We had no money for discretionary spending in high school. I used to go to the library and read Vogue and Seventeen. If she is into beauty, it does not seem overboard. Hopefully, it is an occasional special treat and not a daily expectation.

I walk a fine line. Teenagers demanding expensive loot who have no jobs or volunteer work annoy me greatly. Well, they don't annoy me. Their parents annoy me. If they can name assistants at the fashion houses, it is too much. The concept is important to me but drawing a line in real life must be burdensome.

Many teenagers I know when throw a fit at Avon and demand Mac.

• Snoozy
    Snoozy
    I lived in NY for a long time and met many JAPs

I know what that is...had a few of them as customers in the bank I worked in..

Snoozy

• Broken Promises
    Broken Promises

What's a "JAP"?

The only time I've heard the term "jap" was slang for a Japanese person.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit