Is the use of illustrations/bible a strawman tech?

by Vachi 8 He Is 1 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Vachi 8 He Is
    Vachi 8 He Is

Often, when you have the unfortunate pleasure of talking (and by that I mean getting half a point out before they interrupt) with a dub about something that is taking place here and now, or when looking through the Mike's Hard Lemonade WT, usually they'll say some crap about how some most heinous ancient history dudes handled the situation and say "That's just like today, we can trust that jehober will blah blah blah and other diarreah". But is it just like today? The bible is full of tales that seemingly are impossible without some outside interference. Jonah and whale. Noah and flood. Loaves of bread and fish feeding thousands of people. Shed, Mesh and Abed being thrown into furnace etc....pick your poison. But how are such illustrations LIKE something that's taking place in our time? The circumstances here are different than when alledged acts took place in the bible. One big difference we have is time or rather the passage of it. We have been here long enough to witness jehober-boober doing jack shit. "Dead and loving it" kinda stuff. No one here is gonna be thrown into a fire without coming out with 3rd degree burns and I don't care how big your faith is. If you even think about trying to feed your family reunion, let alone thousands of people, with two filet-o-fish sandwiches and some Sunbeam you'd be committed for being certifiable. So when talking with a dub, and they bring this stuff up from the bible, isn't this the same as using a strawman deck of cards to try to refute your arguement? They go to the 'cards' to pull out something, then link it to something that's supposedly taking place today (myopic view), then they can knock this distorted version of your point down because they brought a friend (the person who the biblical illustration was about) and because it's in the bible (the bible is true) and its interpretation is how they were told to interpret it, it just seems like one hell of a scarecrow Mrs. King.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

Their illustrations are all the same. Back when I was in the cancer, I always heard the same lame ones. I came up with different ones to make the same point--at the time, they were not objected to (these days, they would be). But I think most people would see right through the lame "illustrations" given them by the Filthful and Disgraceful Slavebugger.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit