The Cost of Lies

by designs 5 Replies latest social current

• designs
    designs

112 US B109 Tomahawk missiles were launched at a cost of $100,000,000.00 each and Congress and the Senate want to defund national social services and health care insurance. In one 2 hour window of time the US Government launched $11,200,000,000.00 worth of weaponry. 100 War protesters were arrested yesterday in front of the White House. Among them was Daniel Ellsberg who famously released the Pentagon Papers exposing the Johnson Administration's lies about the Vietnam War. The slogan was shouted: "Stop The War! Expose The Lies! Free Bradley Manning! (WikiLeaks expose on the Afghan War.) Do you have the guts to get involved in a good ol fashioned Peace Protest. Are exposing the lies of the Watchtower the only thing you have the guts for. www.thepeacealliance.org

• Murray Smith
    Murray Smith

I'm sure I heard that tomohawks were valued at around $2M at the time of the Iraq war (I may be wrong) . . . do they really cost that much? . . . there's not that much to them really . . . ???

• hotspur
    hotspur

$2m ? And that's a lot for a gas turbine warhead, controlled by a computer linked to a TomTom sat nav!

• designs
  • Murray Smith
    Murray Smith

The question is . . . . are they really costing $100M each today? . . . anybody confirm that? . . . just want to put an accurate price tag on the 'lies'

• patient
    patient

"On March 19, 2011, 112 Tomahawk missiles [ 8 ] were fired by U.S. and British forces against at least 20 Libyan targets around Tripoli and Misrata [ 9 ] at an assumed cost of approximately 34 million GBP(inexact)"

still about $60 million! a lot of $$ plus all the expense to get the war ships there and man them!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit