Seen this ?

by mouthy 8 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• mouthy
  • nugget
    nugget

Interesting in some respects certainly the historic pages of the devine plan of ages and the memorial were very intriguing. Whilst I know that CT Russell was interested in the masons I don't think he ever was one. The pyramid memorial seems to be in a pretty rough shape almost as if it the society has no interest in maintaining it.

The bit at the end of the clip was a bit odd and I didn't get that at all.

• garyneal
    garyneal

The problem with witnesses is that they are so so convinced that they are free of 'pagan' practices and rituals. Yet, by their own words they condemn themselves. I understand that 'brother Rutherford' called out pyramidology as pagan practices from Satan and yet Russell held the pyramids in high esteem. The same goes for the cross (the crown and the cross symbol). While they simply hide behind the cover of 'old light' to explain away their origins, the fact is that the very religion that they claim is soooo clean had its origins in things they now consider 'filthy.'

Think of some implications of this. Christmas today is celebrated by Christians to honor the first advent of Christ, yet it has its origins in 'paganism.' If the holiday itself cannot be 'cleansed' of its origins in spite of the fact that no Christian (or anyone else for that matter) thinks of Saturnalia at Christmas time, then how can this religion be 'cleansed' of its origins?

The "think of how it is viewed today" reasoning only seems works with things the Watchtower deems 'clean.' Who has that authority? Pagan Christmas, bad, Pagan Pinatas, okay, Pagan Mother's Day, bad, Pagan Watchtower, okay.

Remember the WT article picturing a sucker found in the ditch and the analogy they drew between it and Christmas? Can it also not be a comparison to the Watchtower Society itself?

• Murray Smith
    Murray Smith

Great reasoning on the Christmas thing garyneal . . . hadn't drawn that comparison till now . . .

Russells burial site is something I had familiarised myself with prior. . . but the "Divine Plan" citings were interesting.

As for the obviously staged debacle at the end . . . simply baffling . . . only serves to bring down rest of clip . . . I cannot imagine any circumstances where a JW would refer to the householder as "brother"

• mouthy
    mouthy

The bit at the end of the clip was a bit odd and I didn't get that at all.

I didnt understand that either. I wish whoever did it had left it off.
    Sorry I was not aware of that ending

• Murray Smith
    Murray Smith

Not your fault mouthy . . . but the ending did highlight something for me . . . only a JW or an XJW could sucessfully "stage" a d 2 d encounter that would survive scrutiny . . . such is the nature of cult behavior

• mouthy
    mouthy

Thanks for letting me off the hook Murray...Yes I guess your right

• still thinking
    still thinking

Its funny how seeing something can have a bigger impact. I had read of the pyramid thing but seeing it and the cross really made me take notice.

Thanks for sharing that

• satinka
    satinka

Good information. I would send this to my brother the jw PO-elder.

But I would not send that stuff at the end. That stuff at the end needs to be cropped. Not nice.

satinka

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit