Fred and Jeanie Maes

by Quendi 1 Replies latest jw friends

• Quendi
    Quendi

I cannot recall exactly where on this forum I read this, but there are people on JWN who knew Fred Maes. Fred had served in Brooklyn Bethel, I believe, and was also a circuit overseer. I first met him in 1976 in Tuscaloosa, Alabama. At that time he had become interested in a pioneer sister I was a friend of. Her name was Jeanie Delaney. She was very warm, friendly, and lively and she and Fred fell in love and got married. Fred was much older than Jeanie and I understood that he had been married before. I saw them only once after their marriage when Fred served the Adams City, Alabama congregation back in the late seventies.

I have read that Fred died in 1998 and had left the organization by the time of his death. Is this true? Also, what ever happened to his wife Jeanie? I know they both wanted a family and I wonder how things eventually worked out. If anyone can give more information on what happened I would be very grateful.

Quendi

• Gayle
    Gayle

Quendi, I think Fred Maes had a brother and wife active on freeminds.org Check that site,,I think they are listed somewhere on there.

I talked about a month ago with Cynthia Franz on the phone. She had a recent visit from Jeanie and Cynthia speaks very highly of Jeanie and that Jeanie was so helpful to her recently and since Ray'sdeath. Cynthia mentioned Jeanie had remarried since Fred. I met her many years ago and she was wonderful and I was so happy for Fred. I had known Fred and his first wife at Bethel in the early '70s.

PM me your information and I will forward to Cynthia and hopefully she can forward to Jeanie.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit