Israel reeling from the quake in Japan, may usher in a great depression....

by miseryloveselders 4 Replies latest jw friends

• miseryloveselders
    miseryloveselders

for pretentious Yiddish snobs......

http://www.ynetnews.com/articles/0,7340,L-4042347,00.html

Israel fears sushi shortage after quake

Situation in Japan may affect regular supply of ingredients for one of Israelis' favorite dishes

While Japan continues to deal with the aftermath of last Friday's devastating earthquake and tsunami, and has yet to recover from one of the greatest disasters in its history, Israelis fear a shortage in the ingredients of one of their favorite dishes: Sushi

"We'll be wiser once the situation in Japan stabilizes and the reconstruction begins," he explains. "I assume we'll know if there is going to be a shortage in the coming week. The main fear is of a shortage of the Kikkoman soy sauce. One Kikkoman factory in Japan was damaged and there have been delays in the supply, but we hope it won't stop the regular chain of supply."

Kikkoman has five factories around the world – in the United States, Hong Kong, Holland, Singapore and Japan. "Most of the containers arrive in Israel from the US, but the entire management is in Japan," Afriat explains.

"At the moment, it's very difficult communicating with them. There are a lot of disruptions. Yesterday I spoke with our contact in Japan, and he said it took him 10 hours to get to the office from home.

"So at the moment the situation is unclear, and it all depends on the Japanese. I trust them, because they love the soy sauce more than we do. My only fear is that they'll have to import Kikkoman from the US, and that will affect the imports to Israel."

"Business with Japan is very tight. I have been working with Japanese people for six years now and we feel very connected to them. We feel their pain."

• Broken Promises
    Broken Promises

Sadly, this doesn't seem to be a joke article....

• baltar447
    baltar447

Damn! I thought this was from the Onion! Holy shit!

Come to think of it, I like sushi too. I've already had to suffer paying top dollar for tomatoes, God forbid the chinese buffett has to cut back on my precious second rate sushi! I better go buy tons of kikkoman!

Sadly, those Isrealis are only concerned about their friggin' SOY SAUCE!!

WTH

• Satanus
    Satanus

Well, they have poor taste in soya sauce, cuz tamari is better than kikoman. Let em eat jafelta fish.

S

• cyberjesus
    cyberjesus

the main question is... with all the bodies floating on the water will the sushi still be kosher?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit