Greed & Blood Transfusions

by Alfred 6 Replies latest watchtower medical

• Alfred
    Alfred

If this doesn't make you angry, nothing will...

You say that "at a blood transfusion the person receiving the blood is in great need of it; the transfusion is not undertaken because he is greedy for it". How can you say this? For when a doctor tells a patient that he must have a blood transfusion or else he cannot get well and live, what does the doctor create in the patient but a greed for the blood of another human creature? -Watchtower May 15, 1950 page 159

So, according to the WT, people who accept blood transfusions (because they want to live and be there for their children) are greedy! WTF!!!

• sabastious
    sabastious

I crave blood....human blood!

-Sab

• little witch
    little witch

That is interesting to Me because in my youth I recall that there was a certain distrust of the Doctors themselves within the congregation. I grew up with several siblings and we seldom went to the doctor, even when we were very sick. It is, I am convinced from opinions handed down from the tower, and this cements My feelings on the matter.

Thanks for the post.

LW (Who just donated plasma) Grins

• VampireDCLXV
    VampireDCLXV

I crave blood....human blood!

Who bit you? Wasn't me...

V665V665

• miseryloveselders
    miseryloveselders

Wow, that's just ludicrous. Isn't there another article where they get Sci-Fi with it and insinuate that if you recieve a blood transfusion from a criminal's blood, its likely you'll exhibit the criminals behavior? You'll start robbing banks, and raping people.....

• NeonMadman
  • NeonMadman
    NeonMadman

So wouldn't that logic imply that any medical treatment you desire in order to improve your health or even save your life is something you are "greedy" for? If you want an aspirin to cure a headache, or surgery or chemotherapy to cure cancer, are you not "greedy" for those things under this definition? By their logic, you should ban ALL medical treatment on the basis of greed. Better yet, why not just ban desire of every sort and declare themselves Buddhist?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit