New Study All Over Again?

by Francois 7 Replies latest jw friends

• Francois
    Francois

I'll be moving soon to a new city about 300 miles from here. I'm so tempted to wait, just like a spider, on the JWs to come by with their current offer and get all "interested" in what they say. Then get myself a study. Be sooooo interested. Go to the KH. Look for the world like I'm buying in BIG TIME! Make arrangements in, say, six or eight months to get baptized.

You get the picture. The whole congregation is abuzz with talk of this new guy and how fast he has progressed.

Then, about two months prior to the actual baptism, start finding things that "trouble" me. Like the pedophile thing; like the UN thing; like some of the things in the "older" publications; all the false prophecies. You know where I'm going with this.

Then, while I'm giving my #4 talk, after everyone knows about my sudden "concern," and all the whys and wherefores about them, I stop my delivery of my #4 talk. Look around the KH. Make a wry face and say something like: "I just can't do this any more. I thought I'd found the truth, but I've just found another man-made religion, a cult. I'm sorry friends; it's all over. I'm going home, and I won't be seeing you all any more." And then just walk off the platform and out the door.

I wonder if I could take a few with me?

Or would this just be a colossal waste of time?

Francois

• Duncan
    Duncan

Francois,

I think it'd be BRILLIANT - if you could actually pull it off.

I mean, the huge investment in time and energy, months of work!

It WOULD make a brilliant story, though.

And just think how the tale might get told and retold. Pretty soon the Dubs would be in a state where - even if they caught a live one and were progressing them nicely to full dubdom - they wouldn't know whether to quite believe in them or not ("suppose he's another apostate plant?")

What a hoot!

Duncan.

• larc
    larc

Francois,

I have thought about doing this many times. I have even discussed it with my wife, but she is not for the idea.

I would probably do it in a slightly different manner. First of all, I would have to treat it as a sociological study and keep detailed notes, otherwise, I couldn't keep going at it. I would also put off baptism, and just keep asking pesky questions to any and all of the JWs that befriended me. Also, I would submit a progress report to this board every month.

Francois, you are a good writer. There might be a book in such a project.

• DakotaRed
    DakotaRed

How about going through the whole thing and when getting ready to step in the pool to be dipped, ask the attending elder, who will be all smiles and grins, "Does it matter that I was once DF'd/DA'd?"

I have to think the big grin would go sour rapidly.

If God's Spirit is filling a Kingdom Hall, how is it that Satan can manuever the ones within that Kingdom Hall at the same time?

• seedy3
    seedy3

I've thought about that a few times, never thought about going quite that far, but that would be kinda cool. No one here knows me at all, the duds call on my house just like it is any other now. I've been out of it for so many years, moved 10,000 miles away from where I used to be....... hmmmmmmm interesting, but my wife would not go for it I'm sure, she hates me even posting to these boards and going to the JW chat rooms. Sigh.................... it would be soooo much fun though.

Seedy

• DakotaRed
    DakotaRed

Seedy, sometimes I find that evil thoughts help me retain a little sanity in this crazy world.

My wife is still and active Dub and she doesn't like me posting here much either. Nor does she like the notice I have on the door telling her dub friends to stay off my property if they wish to shun me within my house. But, I just remind her that it's the dubs that say I am the head of the house and she is supposed to be in subjection to me. If she would rather be subservient than my equal, then by all means, knock yourself out.

Ain't it great being a man??????

If God's Spirit is filling a Kingdom Hall, how is it that Satan can manuever the ones within that Kingdom Hall at the same time?

• Steven
    Steven

Hi Francois,

Have you read the thread from LittleToe about what he did? The thread can be found at:-

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/forum/thread.asp?id=20680&site=3

In a way he has already done something very similar to what you are suggesting but from a position where he was more deeply embedded in the religion.

Personally I wouldn't go to all of the effort of pretending to be interested & getting to the point of baptism etc. - they are not really worth it. Plus it would be very difficult to pull off in reality.

I reckon that people who are JWs can only see the falseness of the WTBTS when the time is right for them. This is when boards like this one come into their own to help them & provide them with answers & information.

Of course that's not to say that if individually we come across a JW who has doubts we can't help them...

Steven

• sleepy
    sleepy

Apparently this has been done before.
    I remmember reading watchtower articles about Russia.
    They claimed that russian secret service agents infiltrated the society and event got to postions of high authority before they were found out.
    In fact it wouldn't supprise me if various countries had agents in the witness comunity now.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit