Something I've been wondering about

by MartynAndrew 5 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• MartynAndrew
    MartynAndrew

Hi

I haven't been to a meeting in years and wonder what is the reason given for pioneering, or whatever else you can do. I mean if you are saved by just heart condition, or two hours per month why should a person put in 45 or 90 hours. I wish I would have asked a lot more questions, instead of just signing up. I spend way more time buying a car. In some ways I'd like to explain to my old congregation why I left: which is- God as I understand him would have nothing to do with this pile of boring dung, I mean, would a humourous, loving, cool father put any kid through that total waste of time. I'm pretty sure that a good number of witness are thinking the same way as me, and I think that will be my line of reasoning if given the chance. marty

• MrFreeze
    MrFreeze

Martyn, I asked the elders the same question on Christmas day when they came to see me. The elders said people who hadn't heard the message would be judged based on heart condition. I think you are bloodguilty by preaching. By actually reaching people, you are signing their death warrant.

There is no reason to preach, if salvation is based on heart condition. It's for this reason I know for a fact that JW's believe only they will survive Armageddon. Why else would they try to convert people?

The elders never did give me any answer at all by the way.

• sabastious
    sabastious

...but they are gonna get to pet tigers in the new order and black widows will eat straw! How can we expect anyone to let go of that prospect!

-Sab

• Pahpa
    Pahpa

Monthly reports, house to house solicitation, service meetings and many

other aspects of the Watchtower's organization is so foreign to what

the early Christian did and believed. We recall that Rutherford initiated

many of these things based upon business practices....not faith.

Under him, congregations were "companies." Leaders were

"company servants." Progress charts were prominently displayed

on stage and reviewed as part of a "service meeting." While many

of these things are now forgotten, the same mentality remains

in the organization. And Jehovah's Witnesses are the local

business representatives of the Watchtower Society.

• Heaven
    Heaven

Jehovah's Witnesses are a bastardized form of Christianity I call "Jehovanism". They have completely ignored Christ's messages about loving oneself and others and helping those less fortunate. All their time is spent at meetings, reading their own publications, building Kingdom Halls, and going door-to-door with a message filled with false gospel. Their money is spent to fund the building of their Kingdom Halls and the Watchtower's endless writing and publishing of the same stuff over and over again ad nauseum.

No where in the Bible does it state that handing out Watchtower and Awake! magazines is the definition of "works". No where does it state doing the door-to-door work guarantees your eternal life/salvation.

• MartynAndrew
    MartynAndrew

Thanks for the feed back,

The repetition is what finally killed me, I could not take it anymore, i'd rather face anything than another Sunday listening to that crap, I mean the first time was bad, but the 50th was a killer,once I check out all that I could I was done. I've often wondered what others thought all these years I didn't know a single xwitness at least that I knew of.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit