Re: Shepherding Textbook in Digital Format

by suavojr 39 Replies latest jw friends

• tim3l0rd
    tim3l0rd

@Oubliette From what I understand, those written ASL tracts didn't go over well with the deaf community. That was before I switched to ASL. There is no formal written form of ASL. You can 'gloss' it, but that is a very crude representation of ASL. ASL is more than just syntax. Facial expressions, body language, and body shifting all make up the proper grammar.

Now everything that is translated to ASL is in video format. KMs are now all signed video. Even the talk outlines are now signed videos that can be downloaded. I imagine they will sign the entire flock manual as well.

@cappytan Sorry about your friends. I still have to wake up my wife. I'm a long way from a fade unfortunately.

• mana11
    mana11
    Download link ?
  • yodastar
    yodastar

Sorry about that timelord and best wishes, you will get there I'm sure. I'm amazed really that the borg is getting so much into the tech world. I'm sure they figure that if anyone does muck with their material online that it probs won't matter too much because the end is so close anyway. It does surprize me though for such an inspired group that they are.

When you look at how the Brethren or specifically the exclusive keep the members away from the tech world they actually do a much better job at keeping their flock separate from the world.

I would really have thought that the internet to the dubs was something, that because they could not effectively control it, they would take a dim view of it and counsel strongly against? Maybe they have given up and the GB really are of to South America and the sheeple will be left to the wolves? Wishful thinking..

• konceptual99
    konceptual99
    So does anyone have a link to the latest "official" documents? I have tried some searches but everything seems to be coming up with the original PDFs that have been around for a while now.
  • 88JM
    88JM

If they eventually do away with the paper versions of the textbook, they will be able change their policies just with a few clicks, just as they change the online versions of other publications.

Of course they've been sending revisions to the sheperding book via paper letters to the elders for years (insert this here, ignore this bit etc.) but soon they will be able to change things like their disfellowshipping policy worldwide overnight.

They will also be able to make different policies or wording depending on the laws of a particular country and get around regulations in one particular country without watering stuff down for other countries.

• paradisebeauty
    paradisebeauty
    I'm still waiting for a copy of the new pioneer book ... otherwise I will have to start pioneering again :))))
  • Watchtower-Free
    Watchtower-Free
    Anyone have a download link
  • Oubliette
    Oubliette

tim3l0rd: Now everything that is translated to ASL is in video format. KMs are now all signed video. Even the talk outlines are now signed videos that can be downloaded. I imagine they will sign the entire flock manual as well.

That was the question I raised a few pages back. I really cannot imagine them doing the entire elders' manual in ASL videos. But just because I can't imagine it doesn't mean they won't.

The idiots running this religion never cease to amaze and amuse me with their stupid ideas. They seem to have an inexhaustible supply of dumb ideas.

• Da.Furious
  • RTmoroni
    RTmoroni

im looking for the text book of their secret book in pdf or epub or jwpub in my languages . arabic

can someone help me?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit