Brain vs. Womb

by picosito 1 Replies latest jw friends

• picosito
    picosito

I cut the following quote from "Topic: Old Seats or New Seats?"
    By Duncan

"Your average dub, just WANTS to be told what to do and think."

Most of us here have high regard for the Brain and what it can accomplish. When JW's refer to the Borg as "Mother" (wrong application anyway), it's like one of those Freudian things. It shows that they prefer being part of a womblike organization where they don't have to think for themselves or have any moral responsibility.

They're dead wrong about the moral responsibility. The WT some years ago had an interesting article on community responsibility, but of course did not apply it to themselves.

So the Borg has such a long history of pointing the finger and always forgetting that three fingers point back at THEM. WT articles are jam-packed with so much of that fingers-pointing-back stuff. We can be sure that one day, maybe SOON, that the Borg's plagues will show her no mercy at all, as perfect payback for her own mercilessness.

• singsongboi
    singsongboi

think your right about the average joe (there or anywhere) not wanting to think...

some may recall a period (was it in the 60's) when we encouraged by a few WT articles to think in terms of principles - and apply the principle, and to stop asking for a rule or a law..

as a slogan campaign it failed.. probably because it required thinking, or maybe because the thinking of some went off on a tangent!!!

when another WT study brought this period to an end, i recall some saying to me -- thank goodness, were back to black & white... doan have to think anymore!!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit