1937 a marked year?

by diamondiiz 8 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• diamondiiz
    diamondiiz

"The year 1937 is marked as the year when all power of religion over them was broken ;also the year 1938, when the Theocratic arrangement
    was restored in their midst." - The New World p.192

Never heard of 1937 being special before, but here it is, a marked year.

• GOrwell
    GOrwell

That's a new one to me too.. never heard of that... of course, I'm not quite into reading older, WT pubs from the ancient past just for fun :)

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

1942 The New World p192

• Broken Promises
    Broken Promises

of course, I'm not quite into reading older, WT pubs from the ancient past just for fun :)

LOL!

• diamondiiz
    diamondiiz

It's late. page 172, I've been looking up 1914 and found this by accident.

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

LOL

My Dad must have been so excited when he read that.

He got baptised the next year.

Funny he never mentioned that 1938 was a marked year though. It's not like he hasn't had the opportunity.

I should keep a copy of that book in my glovebox.

• Ding
    Ding

Rutherford was always making claims like that.

Many of his claims dealt with invisible happenings in heaven that were impossible to disprove.

Nothing visible ever happened in accordance with his earthly predictions, but he just distracted JWs by making more dogmatic pronouncements.

Many left, but a lot of people drank the Kool-Aid and became numb to his string of prophetic failures.

Some even saw his failures as successes through "eyes of understanding."

If you show such statements to most JWs today, it doesn't faze them at all: They either denounce it as apostate literature or just pass it off as "old light."

Amazing... and truly sad...

• wobble
    wobble

This is the sort of rubbish my dad must have accepted when he became a JW in the early forties, he was not a silly man, I cannot understand how he was duped. Still, if people fall for scientology, they could believe this stuff too.

Rutherford was an unbelievably arrogant twister of Scripture to promote the growth of his cult.

• Meeting Junkie No More
    Meeting Junkie No More
    The year 1937 is marked as the year when all power of religion over them was broken;

I thought that was in 1919 when the Society's men were released from prison? At least something concrete happened in 1919; on what basis was 1937 marked? What was so profound that occurred in 1937 - help me out here. Proof?

Thanks for exposing more of this hogwash...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit