How to tell the truth

by trevorbv 2 Replies latest jw friends

• trevorbv
    trevorbv

I found a humorous article on wikipedia about The Truth: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:The_Truth

It's funny how JWs use this term (like every other cult). Classic loaded language. Anyway the article is very deep I would say since it presents some of the ways indoctrinate people think.

What I want to ask you is: After you found out "the truth" (about the WTBTS) have you told anyone directly? What was the reaction? Or have you tried a more subtle aproach?

• Broken Promises
    Broken Promises

The "direct approach" rarely works with a JW.

Telling them the truth about "the truth" is something that has to be done in stages, so they can absorb it. Timing is also very important. If they're not ready to hear the truth, anything you say might just go in one ear and out the other.

• wobble
    wobble

I tried the direct approach with my nephew, it did not work, he is still an Elder.

What I did though was write to him, if he has kept the letter, which he may have done as I asked for a reply, he can return to it and consider the points I make.

A conversation is soon forgotten.

I am getting more and more tempted to be much more direct with certain members of my family, but that is only for the satisfacton it will give me, it will not get a result.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit