1994 Canadian TV documentary "Children of Jehovah"

by MrMonroe 8 Replies latest jw friends

• MrMonroe
    MrMonroe

Sorry to be a forum shopper, but just in case there's someone here that didn't read it there, I'm wanting to find anyone who remembers a TV doco produced in 1994 for the Canadian "Rough Cuts" series of independent documentaries called "Children of Jehovah".

It took a devastatingly honest look at the lives of JW teens, showing them begrudgingly doing field service, revealing the tricks they pulled to boost the figures on their monthly reports and talking about what would happen to them if they left the religion.

It appears to be available for $149 as a DVD, but I wonder if anyone taped it at the time or has a copy they could, you know, share. Somehow.

It made quite an impact on me when I watched it on Australia's SBS in 1995. Does anyone remember it?

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

Alan might know where there is a copy

• ariker
    ariker

149??? Holy crap. Still, I would be very interested in seeing but not buying this

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

They've run it on PBS once or twice; maybe they will again...

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

There is a videocassette of it at Kenyon College, Ohio

http://www2.kenyon.edu/Depts/Religion/Fac/Adler/Reln490b/films.htm

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

The Grace Lutheran Church in Dartmouth, NS had a copy in 2003.

Contact addy for the Pastor at the time is given here http://www.watchtowernews.org/bearingwitness.htm

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

The Illinois Wesleyan University has it on DVD

• Snoozy
    Snoozy

I've read Barbara's story before but not Alan's. Very good!

Thanks for the info..

Snoozy

• Snoozy
    Snoozy

This may be interesting..

The Cults [kit]: the Mormons, Jehovah's Witnesses, The Unification Church, the New Age movement and more. Garland, Texas: Evangelical Films, c1984-1988. 6 audio cassesttes, 2 videocassettes. [OhioLink]

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit