first true shunning!

by pbrow 8 Replies latest jw experiences

• pbrow
    pbrow

I was at the bank and was at the front counter asking for help and my old jdub elder boss walks in. I do a double take and say "hey denny, how you doin?" He says nothing and fills out his deposit slip. I just turned around and smiled to myself. He finishes up his receipt and walks by me so I turn around and say "not even a Hello denny?" He just walked by me with a stupid grin on his face and his head down! I couldnt beleive it. This is not just an elder I knew from the hall. I worked for the man for four years in a small 5 man show. We are not strangers. He is not a shy man and neither am I. The way he was smiling just made me think that something in him was embarressed for acting that way but he couldnt help it.

I know the man at least read my da letter a few months ago. The beautiful thing is, when I got home I was able to use it as an example to show my kids of how Jesus does not want us to act towards others. Once you can look at things objectively its amazing how bad the jdubs make themselves look.

pbrow

• Scooby-Doo
    Scooby-Doo

I'm sorry you had to deal with that, pbrow.

That just proves that there are very few true friendships in 'the truth'.

All you get in a Kingdom Hall is conditional love, and that's not what Jesus is about.

• pbrow
    pbrow

no, dont be sorry!!

Dont feel bad for me at all! What floors me is this is a self made man. Decent business, at one time employed at least 5 other people, takes care of his family but he is "captive of the concept" just as I was for most of my life. I have pity on him. He has been df'd when he was younger, he knows how the game is played but he is still trapped enough, (even though I believe I saw a bit of a real person in his actions) to not even have the common decency to give a fellow person a "hello"

I love being free!

pbrow

• jookbeard
    jookbeard

glad you are taking it all in your stride and are able to use your sense of humour to deal with it, it can become very emotionally straining at times

• finallysomepride
    finallysomepride

pbrow

you have the power, stay strong, much like what jookbeard said

• pbrow
    pbrow

the emotionally straining part is not dealing with the majority of people who are still trapped inside. I really feel for them. I want to help but like so many on this site have said "if people are not ready to see it, the wont" My mother is still in but she knows the truth about the truth. She just has an entirely different social structure than I do and I hold it against noone why she or anyone else chooses to leave or stay. The tough part for me is that my ex-wife and her husband are uber dubs and I need to make sure that my kids grow up with all the experiences and opportunities to think critically that I was not given. Sometimes I am scared about them choosing the jdub lifestyle someday but given my socially sheltered upbringing I cannot possibly imagine that my kids will choose that lifestyle when allowed to see both perspectives. In my last meeting with their mother I told her that I am glad they get to live in "a good jdub household" because in the end when people are allowed to see both perspectives the jdub does not stand up to honest scrutiny.

pbrow

• Alfred
    Alfred

wow... I was shunned by an elder inside a bank also!!! and I wasn't even DA'd or anything... I was just "inactive" for about 8 months! In my case, this elder saw me and then really did everything possible to avoid me... I thought: "What an idiot"

• nugget
    nugget

sorry it happened but as you say it makes them look so bad. If Jesus kept company with Judas and those who were less than perfect Jews he would noty have approved of shunning.

• I quit!
    I quit!

Good job pbrow. You exposed the stupidity of their shunning practice in public and he was embaressed by it. They all should be.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit