Is anybody interested?

by onemore 8 Replies latest jw friends

• onemore
    onemore

…..in getting together for fellowship, spiritual encouragement and biblical discussions?

I (as well as many) am doing fine, but sometimes I feel the need to get together with some friends for spiritual fellowship…I don’t want to go back to the KH searching for it, because I know I will not find it there. I’m also hesitant about looking for Christian fellowship in another church, as I don’t feel ready for that just yet.

I just want to get together with people that shared my religious background, that understand what being a JW is about. I have the feeling that only ex JW and JW of the conscious class understand our kind.

So if you are interested, lets talk or PM me. I’m in the NY/NJ area.

Onemore

• nugget
    nugget

unfortunately i'm in the UK so it is a long way to swim,

• belbab
    belbab

One More,

I too, have the same sentiments as you have.

I too, live far away, across the continent.

We are all like inmates in an old prison, banging and speaking down toilet pipes to contact anyone for communication and encouragement.

bebab

• mamamo
    mamamo

Check out Meetup.com or Yahoo Groups. I belong to an Ex Jw group in the Tampa Bay area. Yeah, not too close ot NY, but I bet you can find something like it up there. It has helped me a LOT.

• Broken Promises
    Broken Promises

But if you go to a Meetup group, don't use it to preach or encourage others to think like you do.

Ex-witnesses have had enough of having religion shoved down their throats. Spirituality is a personal thing which should be respected by all.

• Iamallcool
    Iamallcool

onemore, do you know Reggie Nelson from NJ? Is he still in the org? He was my elder in my old hall and he was df'd. I heard that he got reinstated some years ago in NJ.

• mamamo
    mamamo

I second what Broken Promises said about not using the meet up group for preaching or the other. We had a lady show up a few months back that wanted to do that. Quickly nipped it in the bud. Just sometimes it is good to get with others who have had some of the same experiences and understand some of our quirky thought processes.

• onemore
    onemore

I understand that many of us feel burned down by religion. And I respect the fact that there are some lines that should not be crossed when it comes to someone’s spirituality. It is, after all, a personal matter. But I feel that it is completely valid for some of us with a JW background to seek association for bible discussion and spiritual encouragement, there is nothing wrong if a group of fading or ex JW decide to get together for that purpose.

I’ve been to meetup, and the exJW group in my area has the social component, but I’m also looking for a bible discussion group composed primarily of those with a JW background.

Lamallcool.I don't know him, I mainly know JW from the Spanish circuit in NY and a few from NJ.

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

I’m also looking for a bible discussion group composed primarily of those with a JW background

Why would you want to form a group from people who were damaged by a cult, to discuss 'spirituality' or Bible with?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit