Madrid Zone talk

by wantarevolution 6 Replies latest jw friends

• wantarevolution
    wantarevolution

Ok - so we were visiting friends in Madrid this weekend, and went to the zone talk.

around 13500 in attendance at an old bull ring and the talk was given by David Splane.

Improvements for the field were to make sure that everyone is preached to - there is a tendency just to preach to south americans and ignore spanish people - also magazine placements are down, they have to be improved.

The title of the talk was "are you wearing saul's armour", and was talking about how we can fight our giants wearing Saul's armour or David's way.

1st giant- education.....we don't need a full education, he then trotted out examples of brothers that had left bethel and became high ups in companies. My "favourite" quote from this section was "children, remember your parents want you to serve jehovah full time, don't disappoint them". 20 minutes he spoke about university, and is the closest they came to banning it

2nd Giant - peer pressure....not to be afraid of being different. In all honesty aside from the section about forcing your kids to go to meetings, as we often have to do things we don't want...this section was actually quite good.

3rd Giant - ourselves and disappoitment....not to let negative thoughts win. Again, this section was actually quite loving - and practical. However it was tainted by the first one :)

I don't have a recording, however i will trail around for one

• Curtains
    Curtains

we have a zone visit coming up too. thanks for sharing those points.

2nd Giant - peer pressure....not to be afraid of being different

nice - and within the congregation too!!!!

• Desilusionnee
    Desilusionnee

It's amazing they are bold enough to dare say such stupid things about education here in Europe!!!!

I'm curious about what they are going to say in Vienna in June...

• metatron
    metatron

I cannot emphasize strongly enough that this material - directly from the Governing Body - needs to be recorded and brought to the attention of authorities. Judges, bureaucrats, and politicians need to know about the official anti-education stance of Jehovah's Witnesses. It needs to be brought up in child custody cases and places like Russia (who recognize Witness extremism).

metatron

• LV101
    LV101

perhaps the american bar association should be notified regarding all the suffering the pro bono dept. is responsible for at crooklyn. this would give the law review committees some serious research. lawschool inspires their students to help the downtrodden, less fortunate in life (or used to from what i've heard). if only the psychiatric community was involved with the government in this country to help individuals --- mankind is desperate and naive for hope being deceived. it's all about having an education/knowledge before exercising freedoms in choosing cults to join --- religions' freedom to destroy is INSANE.

• jookbeard
    jookbeard

I wonder if this will be a similar theme for the Zone visits across the whole of Europe? Splane should be shot spouting off like that

• Weana
    Weana

The different zone overseers do not speak all about the same theme. Each of them is allowed to talk about his own favorite theme, maybe using the same theme for years. Splane held the very same talk already some four years ago elsewhere in Europe during a zone visit.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit