Teachings JW's use to protect themselves

by Lunatic Faith 3 Replies latest jw friends

• Lunatic Faith
    Lunatic Faith

Just got off the phone with an old friend from Montana. Her teenage son, mother, and a niece and nephew were all killed in a car accident one year ago tomorrow. She decided to use the money she got from life insurance and settlement to build a house for the family. Her uncle, a brother, volunteered to build it at a reduced rate and promised to have it done by the end of 2010.

He took all her money and never finished the house. He hasn't even paid the sub-contractors. He doesn't have a dime of her money left and wants her to give him more even though he never works on the house. She has no money left. He uses psychological terrorism to manipulate her and try to force her to agree to his demands. She decided to pay him a visit yesterday with a lawyer. What was the response of him, his wife, and this girls elder grandpa? "You can't take him to court! He's a brother!!"

My advice: Take his ass to court and take everything he owns--including whatever fillings he has in his teeth. She said once this is all done she is going to the elders in his congregation to report his unchristian behavior. She has been inactive for years. I told her not to be disappointed if the elders didn't do anything.

How many times have JW's used these loopholes the society commands to abuse their fellow man?

• wasblind
    wasblind

" My advice: Take his ass to court and take everything he owns--including whatever fillings he has in his teeth."

Now ya talkin' gurl, Ole Wuz likes dat kinda talk

If possible I hope she can do just that, it all depends on the laws

maybe someone here can give advice on what could be done

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

" My advice: Take his ass to court and take everything he owns--including whatever fillings he has in his teeth.".......She said once this is all done she is going to the elders in his congregation to report his unchristian behavior. She has been inactive for years. I told her not to be disappointed if the elders didn't do anything.

If she has been inactive for years, I doubt they would do anything, especially if he is highly regarded. Why should they? She wants the elders to serve her needs when she hasn't been serving Jah all this time. (Just saying, that will be their reasoning.) Even if they did, they would not expect him to give up any of his worldly goods.......and if he doesn't have the money,...........well.........you can't get blood out of a.........d!$khead. If she sues, and he is truly lacking in assets, he could easily file bankrupcy, which many states allow exclusion of your residence, and then legally his debt with her is settled.

Sorry, but you NEVER pay money in advance of the job being satisfactory completed. No matter who it is. Unless you can afford to kiss the cash goodbye!

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

I would never trust a witless with money up front, because it is likely to end up in the Worldwide Pedophile Defense Fund with the promised work unfinished. And, if the religion allows its members to kill and eat a baby without doing more than trying to hide the offense from the public, they are sure going to turn this blatant fraud against the victim (especially if the victim is inactive and possibly apostate).

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit