I know it's Friday but let me tell you a experience from my youth

by TotallyADD 3 Replies latest jw friends

• TotallyADD
    TotallyADD

I was 14 years old at the time and was having a discusssion with one of my so called worldly friends. He asked me what JW believed? So from what I knew I explained how we were the only true reglion, that our God's name was Jehovah and he was going to kill everybody who was not a JW and you need to become a JW or you are going to be killed also. What can I say I did not know much about the faith even though I was a born in and that's about all my parents ever talk about. Going to the hall that's about all I ever heard. Well his answer to me was his reglion taught that Jesus love's everybody and all we had to do was believe in Jesus and we will be happy and he will protect us and help us through lifes problems. Jesus will always love us because we love him. That was the first time in my life I was ever told about the love of Jesus and how he loved us for who we are and Jesus was willing to help us and protect us from harm. Of course at the age of 14 it went into one ear out the other. It was only about 3 years ago after reading a thread on this site that life experience from my youth came to my mind. How sad I felt the day that memory came up. All the hate and fear I was taught as a child from this cult. And here I had a friend who was really a true witness telling me about the love of Jesus. Totally ADD

• pirata
    pirata

If more JWs were as straightforward, then people would have a better idea of what they're getting into!

• jamiebowers
    jamiebowers

Out of the mouths of babes.

• wobble
    wobble

I too look back and remember things that were said to me, and they were rejected by my cult controlled mind.

GRRRRRRR if I had only listened I would not have wasted my life. The most succinct comment came from a work colleague whose opinion of the JW religion was (and he had been one !) "It's all a load of bollocks"

Couldn't put it better myself.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit