Just blowing steam out my ears

by sweetone2377 4 Replies latest jw friends

• sweetone2377
    sweetone2377

I recently found out that an old "friend" of mine, who is still in the borg, married. Now, her and this brother skipped town for an entire weekend and was married later in the week. No reproving, no disfellowshipping. Yet, when i married, I was df. NO, i didn't marry a brother. But we didn't skip town for an entire weekend, alone, either.

Just a little pissed. But I try not to dwell on it too much. Life is much better without the borg.

Shelly
    Former victim and recovering wonderfully from a broken spirit
    Smile, because we all have been freed from slavery!!

• slipnslidemaster
    slipnslidemaster

Need more information. You can't get DF'd for getting married no matter who you marry, worldly or not.

Slipnslidemaster:"The problem with Ireland is that it’s a country full of genius, but with absolutely no talent."
    - Hugh Leonard

• sweetone2377
    sweetone2377

WEll, that is what i was DF for, as far I know. Now, if they had other reasons, they didn't inform me of them. During the JC, all they talked about was me marrying outside the faith.

Although, they had been harrassing me for years for other things, such as lack of proper income, etc. Petty things.

My congregation was definately a screwed up one.

Shelly

• slipnslidemaster
    slipnslidemaster

Alright, I wanted to fix that before someone else posted let alone you. I meant "shouldn't" be able to df you for it.

We all know and I should have known better but they will DF you for whatever they want to. So funny. You should sue.

Slipnslidemaster:"The problem with Ireland is that it’s a country full of genius, but with absolutely no talent."
    - Hugh Leonard

• sweetone2377
    sweetone2377

lol...I'd have to sue to org as a whole because that congregation was in the red every month!

Shelly

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit